Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 July 2012

Yeah I ate out once this week, but it was only a carvery!

21st July 2012

If you aren’t going to go all the way, why go at all? Joe Namath

Oh my days! Toby Carvery for £5.99 or for an extra £1.50 you can ‘go large!  So after this weeks meeting and talking about portion sizes when eating out, for research purposes only of course, I ordered the large dinner.  This is what it looked like, just quickly guess the ProPoints then I’ll break it down for you!  I didn’t eat it all, I took some of the meat home for Alfie, he was very appreciative I have to say!

Okay, according to the Eat Out guide, per 100g serving

Turkey – 4pp
Pork & crackling – 5pp
Beef – 7pp
Gammon – 5pp
Chipolatas – 4pp
Yorkshires x 2 = 18pp
Stuff = 4pp

Veggies per spoonful!
Cabbage – 1pp
Red cabbage – 1pp
Peas – 4pp
Carrots – 1pp
Cauliflower – 1pp
Caramelised Onion gravy – 2pp
Roast potatoes (5pp per 100g) = 10pp
Mashed potato (2pp per 100g) = 4pp
Beef gravy (1pp per spoonful) = 5pp

Total = 76pp
76pp that’s almost 3 days allowance for me!  That really is scary isn’t it because even if you had that, you would have breakfast and something later, not to mention you might have dessert which vary there from 12-29!  Then there’s a drink to wash it all down with.  How dangerous is that!

But doesn’t it just illustrate how easy it is to undo all your good work in a day, I’d had 2 crumpets  for brekkie so that was 6pp, plus milk in a few teas (1pp), we’d had a cake (9pp) at our training and 3 cappuccinos (6pp), then a pint with the food 6pp, we had a Sainsbury’s meal deal for tea approx 30pp, 32pp on JD’s and diet coke!  If I’d eaten all the carvery that would have been a total day of 166pp!
Now I’m under no illusions of the damage yesterday will have done, but how many members join/return to a meeting having done just this kind of thing the day/week before because they knew “they were going on a diet”!  Then they wonder why they don’t get a massive weight loss the first week, mmm maybe because you’re body was still processing & turning last weeks excess food to fat for the first few days of your diet!

So today me and Lynne are off to a meeting to get some motivation, which means we’ll have to get on track otherwise we’ll look a little silly next week if we don’t plus I’m telling you on here for  for that very reason too!  I need to get a weight loss now, it’s 5 weeks to my weekend in Corfu and 9 weeks to the big Weight Watchers conference where all the leaders attend, so it would be nice to look our best at that.
We’re both sitting here in mourning for the foods we are about to give up for a while ;) well maybe not give up but cut down on!  I haven’t shopped yet so will go buy lots of good healthy salads, actually looking forward to getting some veggies back in my life, fancy a broccoli cheese bake mmm, yeah I likes the good stuff.

Right then folks, if you’re not in the zone come join me and lets get on it like a car bonnet!  We can nail this lot!

Have a great day, I’m going to go to my meeting, do a little bit of shopping if I have time, although the big shop might be tomorrow, we’ll see, I’m trying not to leave mom too long on her own because it’s boring isn’t it. 

Right Alfie needs walking I better get gone. x






No comments: