Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 July 2012

My day in photos! Oh and a few words too ;)

31st July 2012

The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it. Gen. Norman Schwarzkoff

I decided Sunday I needed to get a grip!  Then yesterday morning as I was looking for a recipe for cauliflower on my pc I came across a cooking journal I’d kept at the beginning of 2011 for a couple of months, and realised I used to eat some seriously good food and it was very low in ProPoints, my meal values have since almost doubled!   And I have to admit over the last month or so I have been kind of panicking about having to make meals with lower ProPoints because I didn’t think I could, we looking at that journal proved I already have in the past I’d just forgotten!
So I did have my cucumber sandwich for my breakfast for 7pp, odd maybe but I really like it, full of crunch, really hits the mark, I bet it would be nice with Philidelphia light rather than low fat spread, mmm might try that.  I’ve bought a smaller loaf for today too as 2 slices of the seeded bread I had yesterday was 7pp, I could’ve had 4 slices of Weight Watchers for 4pp (I weighed it & it was 4pp) but it wasn’t the freshest and it’s not got seeds in which I likes.

I passed my assessment at my meeting which was good news and I realised driving home after a pep talk on the phone from a friend that I WANTED TO run, we’d chatted about how we’d both got to get back on it, I mentioned my skirts were a bit snug that morning and it might be because even though my weight hadn’t changed, I hadn’t run for 6 weeks so I might be getting a bit wobbly ;0).  She asked me why I hadn’t run and if I planned to run again, I explained how the rain had stopped me initially but then with mom being unwell and me having to do more, the hour I spent running I’d found I could do a job in the house.  And she pointed out how now I understood how it is difficult for a working mom to fit it all in, even if she does have the hour, she finds herself thinking about something useful she could be doing with that time.  BOOM lightbulb realisation moment for me, yes I could be doing useful houseworky things but I needed and wanted to run for my sanity and health, so when I got home that’s what I did.  Oh and I still managed to get my washing done & dried (all about routine – I’m learning)!

Before I went though I found out a pair of shorts I had bought a couple of months before and they were too snug but I said to myself I’d get in them when I lost half stone!  So I took them downstairs and stuck them to my fridge as my reminder, they are my motivation to lose some weight amongst other things ;-)





That’s how many ProPoints I managed earn yesterday, I wore it set to active whilst I ran for the first time in 6 weeks and I managed 40 minutes, covered 3.28 miles, chuffed with that because the paths were overgrown so navigating through them was a mission and I’m now covered in nettle stings ;-) but it was worth it for the scenery and also for the 17pp the entire day earned me, meant I could enjoy a glass of my favourite and a very nice glass it was too as the bottle was a gift and they very chose well indeed! 

17pp total - that’s from 40 minutes running – pedometer set to high & 25,592 steps (10.5 mile) from 2 & a half dog walks and my day to day stuff)

This was one of the many beautiful views I ran past.




When I got back I did my paperwork, then went and cooked Cauliflower Cheese for 6pp a portion, recipe in ‘The Complete Cookbook’ there’s great simple white sauce mix in there.  There’s also enough for today’s lunch too. 

After eating my lunch, I went back in the kitchen and made Caramelised onion and mushroom lasagne, (recipes on Weight Watchers esource, although I did use the white sauce recipe from the cookbook and I bit more cheese) I made enough for 8 servings and it worked out at 8pp a portion, very tasty it was too with spinach for my tea.




















Alfie and I then went for another walk, although he did do this at one point;
That’s not really walking is it!  But the sun was shining and we sat and enjoyed it for a little while.  I also caught myself dancing in the street to my tunes on my phone whilst he was sniffing his trees – I’m not mad at all!

Before settling down in front of the tv for the night, I had me a nice hot bath to ease the bad back running had given me, I’m used to the back problem, I’ve had it since I became a leader, it’s just part of who I am, and there’s obviously nothing seriously damaged because it goes right eventually.

My treat was a packet of Boots salted popcorn for 2pp, nom nom, I’m liking them at the moment and my wine.

So my day looked like this;
Breakfast – Cucumber sandwich with low fat spread = 7pp
Lunch – Cauliflower cheese = 6pp
Dinner – caramelised onion and mushroom lasagne with spinach = 8pp
Snack – popcorn = 2pp
Treat – 2 x 175ml red wine = 9pp
(Notice I have reduced my glass since from 250ml, cutting me down by 150ml on the two glasses!)
Milk in drinks = 4pp

Total = 36pp,
Pedometer activity ProPoints earned = 17pp

Balance remaining to spend another day 7pp & all my weeklies intact – YAY!

Yep I think I’ve got my head in the right place, it’s all about the food for me, so if it’s tasty I can eat lower ProPointed meals. 

Well that was my day, here’s to another equally good one today.

How did yours go? 

No comments: