Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 3 September 2011

You can do it!


3rd September 2011

“Everyone’s a star and deserves the right to twinkle.” Marilyn Monroe

I love that the sunshine has returned, doesn’t matter how long for as long as it’s here, although the weather didn’t really matter yesterday as everything we did was indoors.  The Sea Life centre was wonderful and the kids loved it, lots of “Ooh’s” and “Aah’s” and “WOW look at this one”, there’s nothing better than enthusiasm like that and that was just me, the kids enjoyed it too!  Seriously though it really is lovely to see kids fascinated and enjoying things and yesterday proved to us that children’s television is not all rubbish, little Jen educated me on lots of stuff about fish thanks to the fact she watches Spongebob Square Pants!  We were there for about two hours but it was well worth the trip.

We also went to Jimmy Spices for lunch, I’d never been before and for the money it was excellent value but I have to say it wasn’t on the scale I expected, I thought it would have a much larger choice, Cosmo is just as good, if not better in my opinion.  And we were good we only had sensible portions, we didn’t keep returning and returning over and over again, probably only because we weren’t as hungry as we thought when we arrived!

And in true, kids day out style we ended up at a soft play area – boo, I’m going to open my own I think because they haven’t got a clue, the chairs need to be comfortable, they need to take care of the grown ups because it’s the grown ups who decide where to go! 

I did laugh when I got home though, me and mom popped out to the shops and she waited in the car with Alfie, I went in the Tesco garage and ‘tip of the day’ would have been, if you’re going to shop lift don’t be too greedy or at least make sure your carrier bag is strong enough!  I was looking at the cakes (for mom honest) and I heard a THUD turned round and there’s about 6 huge blocks of cheese on the floor and one hanging out of the rip in her carrier bag (not my mom the shoplifter), there was obviously a kerfuffle and the shoplifter who was obviously very drunk also got away but without the cheese.  When I went back to the car and told mom, she said, “I wander if she was having a cheese and wine party” ;-D, that did make me chuckle.

I have a nice relaxing day planned today, off to have my hair done this morning, a bit early but never mind I’m up so once I’ve walked Alfie everything else can wait, then this afternoon I’m having my first massage in so long 2 months I bet, I know it’s definitely more than a month because I haven’t had once since I started running and I start week 5 tomorrow.

Running yesterday was so hard, not only was I running late but Alfie had his walking legs on too, he walked me so far we were out for over an hour and a half, so walking back to my house, I was having a conversation with myself (in my head of course) as you do, saying “I haven’t time to go running, I’ve too much to get done before I’m picked up at ten”, then “but if I don’t go, I’m going to have to run Saturday and Sunday and you’re supposed to leave a day between”, I ended up texting my mate who convinced me to make time and everything else would wait.  So I did, but oh boy I found it so hard once I started running, yesterday was the toughest day so far, not sure why, if it was because I’d run that extra 15 mins on the Wednesday or because I’d already walked Alfie really far, or that I’m hormonal, who knows – all I do know is that it made me realise how easy it is to quit even if you really want something.  I’m glad to say I didn’t but I could’ve done, I had to keep telling myself how important it had become to me to finish the nine weeks, I’ve not been this dedicated to anything in a very long time and yet yesterday just because it was hard and I was struggling, I almost give up. 

Can you relate to that?  Especially where weight loss is concerned, we want to lose weight so badly, we all have that final straw moment that makes us wake up and say enough is enough, I need to lose weight, in meetings last week we discussed those moment and I heard some very moving stories, and everyone’s is different.  Crying in a changing room because you have a special event planned and there’s just nothing that fits is just a horrid feeling and for many of us has resulted in tears shed on many an occasion I reckon.  However let’s be honest how many of us within hours have blanked out that memory and numbed out the pain we were feeling with a cake or something to eat or drink and carried on oblivious because we weren’t ready to face the problem and do something about it.  Yes it’s so easy to either not start at all or to quit when the going gets a little tough – but just like me with my running if you just keep talking to yourself, reminding yourself how important it is, how much you want it and also by getting your friends, your leader and fellow weight Watcher members to remind you how well you’re doing and also to encourage your to continue then the mini goals you achieve will lead you to that ultimate goal where you will feel so fantastic and so amazing – you’ll be flying. 

Have a sensational Saturday and stay motivated. xx

No comments: