Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 September 2011

What's your percentage?


2nd September 2011

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.President Harry S Truman

Yay it’s Friday, and it’s also the last Friday of the school summer holidays, so we are off to the sea life centre to see the sharks.  But first I have to finish all my paperwork, walk Alfie and get in my half hour run/walk.  It’s almost 6 and still dark outside, but I’m hoping when the day breaks we’ll have another sunny day like yesterday, wasn’t it glorious.

Well I’ve just had a clean up on my pc because there’s too many programmes on it I don’t use and also because it’s not running so well, it’s a little sluggish and also my excel keeps randomly shutting down, so I thought a clean up and a bit of maintenance was in order.  This made me think about how sometimes we get a bit sluggish and could do with a bit of a tune up in our lives so I plan to make the most of my weekend, by doing a few things to make my life run a little smoother. 

If you’re findind it difficult to make some positive changes and lets be honest everyone on the planet probably has at least one aspect of their lives. The tricky bit is finding the time and motivation to do it.  When we’re rushed, tense or stressed, we don’t have time to embrace new ways so sometimes it can feel like we’re running at full speed but getting nowhere.  So this weekend lets slow down and before we open the wine, use the time to refocus and take control of our lives.

If you’ve been struggling with your weight loss plan this summer, stop for a moment and think back to a time when you were feeling great, and try to recreate those positive inner feelings you were experiencing. Read some inspiring stories of people who've overcome the challenges, the Weight Watchers magazine is always full of fabulous success stories, or better still talk to some of the successes in my meetings or on my facebook WW page.

Spare some time this weekend to ask yourself the following questions to find out what you aim to achieve, it’ll help to give you a vision and purpose to work towards:
- What have you always wanted to do but have been too afraid to try?
- What would you do differently in your life if money was no object?
- What do you consider to be your greatest personal strength?
- You are living your dreams. What do they look like and how do you feel?

This week we talked about going back to basics, no matter if you think you know the plan inside out, start fresh, even I found out yesterday that tomato puree has ProPoints in it, I thought it was zero!  So if I don’t know it all – I’m sure you don’t either. 

And remember that it’s really important to

·         =learn how to handle any obstacles or setbacks, so they don't wreck your plans and throw you into self-doubt.   Use this weekend to write down three personal challenges that have pushed you into a negative state but which you went on to overcome so you can learn about yourself, your resourcefulness, your inner strength and your capacity to bounce back.  Show yourself you have the strength and motivation to achieve anything you want.  Think you’re too busy for all this, make time, it’s important and so are you.  Take regular time out, even if it's only for a few minutes.  Stop being everyone else’s doormat, and take time to look after yourself. –Spend sometime asking yourself what you want to make happen in your life and write down that answer.  Then ask yourself 'how do I make this happen?' and write down any idea that comes to mind, no matter how odd and unrealistic. Then come up with a plan of action. Then decide to follow it through. Finish your weekend off by getting organised! Take the pressure off yourself by dropping your perfectionist outlook and learning how to make time for yourself. Write down some 'to do' lists this weekend, get positive about achieving everything on the list and stop procrastinating. "When you simplify and streamline your life, the path to your goals will seem clearer and more achievable".  If you can’t be doing with any of that, carry on as you are and open a bottle of red!

I’m off to walk Alfie now, but I’m gonna have a think about anything that needs tweaking in my life this weekend, I’d say I’m 95% happy with my lot but there’s nothing wrong with aiming for 100%!  What’s your percentage?









Fin


















No comments: