Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 25 September 2011

This time next Sunday, I'll be a little worried!

25th September 2011

Happiness is not a destination it's a way of life
Alfie’s not letting me sleep past 6am no matter what, I woke up to find his face about an inch away from mine, he was just sat looking at me waiting for me to wake, then he licked me load – yak, so I got up!

My muscles are a bit tight and achy this morning, hopefully my walk with Alfie will loosen them up, we not only ran yesterday but we then spent about 4+ hours walking round Birmingham looking in all the shops and there sure are a lot of them!  I wished I’d had my pedometer on, I reckon we clocked up a few miles. 
I have a confession too, I did something I haven’t probably ever done before, wait for it, I had a Greggs steak bake, I have to admit it was very nice but gave me heartburn so not something I’d do again, especially as it cost me 11 ProPoints, have to say the cup of tea from there was awesome though.

We didn’t buy any clothes, the shops were just too crowded and we are too old to be bothered with all the noise, we did both end up in a running shop though and purchased new running shoes which I’m hoping will carry me along :D
It’s great to see that so many of you on the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bevs-Weight-Watchers/133361767350 are cooking filling and healthy meals this weekend, the hearty chicken soup from Your Week is good according to feedback.  Also just logged on to the Weight Watchers website and this chicken and root veg roast recipe looks good http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7018172&sc=11

And if it’s cooking you like, I have lots available on my website http://www.happyowls.co.uk/recipes.html and hopefully I’ll add more as I get time.
It’s been lovely having a day away but also nice to get back home, got a whole day to catch up on chores and lots of other things, I want to spend a bit of time meal planning, I want to come up with some meals that are filling and healthy to satisfy me now the cold weathers approaching and also on the days I’m running, I’m hungry so don’t want to spoil the good work I’ve done with overeating.   

Lynne and me also decided whilst we were away that instead of just meeting for lunch on Friday’s we would meet for a run first, that way we were earning our lunch!  And I’ve just been reminded by email that it’s that sponsored bike ride next Sunday – yikes – I’ve only been on my bike once for 30 minutes in the last 2 years, that’s not going to be easy.  I know I should have been training, but with walking the dog and running, I haven’t had time, I better sort the bike and make sure it’s up to the journey. If you can spare a pound, please donate it to our collection http://www.justgiving.com/WeightWatcherWitches  as it’s not looking too healthy so far  and I’d be sad to think I’m going to really hurt my backside next week on that saddle for nothing, heck I paid £45 to enter so my mate told me after she entered us!

Do you count your blessings?  I do, probably not as often as I should but I try to be grateful for my life.  When we were running along the canal path yesterday, about 1/2mile out of the centre of Birmingham we saw a black plastic mass on the other side of the canal and realised it was actually someone sleeping under the bridge wrapped in an old tent or plastic sheeting, and there was us having slept in a really comfortable bed all night after having a super relaxing day giggling at everything.  Whilst he’s probably wondering where his next meal is coming from we’re trying to work out how to either avoid our next meal or at least make sure it won’t hinder our weight loss. Which has just reminded me of that joke;

A homeless man walks up to stylish woman and says, "Lady I haven't eaten a thing in three days." The woman replies, "Gawd! I wish I had your will power."
Funny but also sad, I always make sure I buy a copy of the Big Issue when I see a vender, I was slightly involved in bringing it to Wolverhampton originally which is probably over 15 years ago as the magazine has been going for over 20 years now, it’s a great company and charity, so if you do every see a vender buy a copy, it’s also a very good read.
Almost light enough to walk Alfie, I missed our walk yesterday morning, might try and get him to walk a different direction this morning for a change.

However you’re spending your day, enjoy it and be grateful for everything in your life. xx

No comments: