Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 21 October 2010

October 21st facebook email

There are infinite ways we can enjoy life; one way is accepting others in their way. Satyadaya
It’s that time of year, waking up in the dark, and coming home from work in the dark, so its really important to make the most of the sunshine in-between and yesterday the sky was just so blue and beautiful. I know it’s cold but only if you don’t wear the right clothing!

I had a meeting with my helpers last night after my regular WW meetings had finished and having most of them in one room, made me realise how fortunate I am to know so many amazing and wonderful women and how grateful I am for all their help each week, ensuring that I can do my work. Take a moment to day to think about those people in your life that make it better! I think I’m a very lucky lady.
We had a good laugh during the talk earlier in my WW meeting making me also realise I have the best job in the world for me, I love my work. If you don’t, ask yourself what needs to happen for you to start enjoying it or how can you get another job that you do enjoy. The same goes for your life! If you’re not enjoying yourself then how can you change things so that you are?
I had a delicious lunch yesterday, which backs up the have a bit of what you fancy thought pattern, it was a Homity Pie from Waitrose, they weren’t cheap but it was a treat and one that could be made at home with a bit of effort. It was a short crust pastry case filled with mashed potato, peas, onions, garlic and parsley, finished off with cheese and a touch of sour cream. Absolutely scrumptious and I served it with roasted butternut squash. The pie had ten points in which may seem high, however the zero point butternut squash counteracted it.

This week we’re talking about protein in the meeting so I thought I’d share a delicious recipe with you that I spotted on the Weight Watchers website, it looked scrumptious and I will be adding it to my list of meals to cook. Today or tomorrow I plan to cook the Salmon recipe on the front of this weeks copy of YOUR WEEK.
Yum! Chicken is so versatile. Enjoy it with this Mediterranean-inspired sauce.
Chicken with Tomato and Red Onion Sauce

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 spray low-fat cooking spray
4 medium chicken breast, uncooked, skinless
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
16 portion cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 portion fresh red chilli(s), (optional)
50 ml wine, (white)
50 ml fresh stock
1 tablespoon vinegar
24 portion olives, in brine
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon basil, (fresh) to garnish

Instructions

Mist a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning often.

Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mist a non-stick saucepan with low fat cooking spray and add the onions, frying them over a medium heat until soft, adding a splash of hot water, if needed. Add the tomatoes and chilli (if using) and cook for 3-4 more minutes.

Pour in the white wine and stock and cook for about 10 more minutes, until reduced.
Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar, the olives and capers. Season to taste and serve with the chicken, accompanied by lightly cooked fresh green vegetables. Garnish with a few basil leaves.

Remember life starts now?
Are you living yet?
You’re not alive unless your living!

No comments: