Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 October 2010

23rd October 2010

Nothing, no person place or thing has any power over you. You are the only thinker in your mind and it is your thoughts that create your life! Louise. L. Hay

I’m feeling good this morning, had a fabulous nights sleep, I was actually in bed by 8.30pm! Does that make me a saddo, I don’t mind, it’s done wonders for my mind and body. Another glorious day yesterday, fate stepped in to ensure I made the most of it, I was booked in for a massage at 10.30 and when I turned up the book had me down for tomorrow instead, so I said that’s fine I can come back tomorrow, I have no plans. This meant I’d got the whole day free, so me and mom got in the car and drove to West Park and walked round, I haven’t been their for years, it’s beautiful, well-kept, the pools are glorious and full of ducks and geese, we even saw a heron. Alfie was in his element trying to get off his lead to chase the squirrels and there was so many of them. So we had a couple of hours there and a drink at their tearooms, mom had a slice of shortbread too! And waking up this morning seeing rain outside made me realise that things couldn’t have turned out better because now I get to have a massage this morning and we got to make the most of the dry day yesterday.

I cooked the Salmon and Lentil recipe on the cover of this weeks, YOUR WEEK, okay it was too, I wouldn’t cook lentils with thyme again I don’t think but I would definitely eat lentils again, maybe with garlic or adding them to my stews.

How do you plan to spend your weekend? Here’s something to think about if you get a few minutes. Do you feel confident that you can lose your weight? Do you feel confident about everything you do in life? Or do you feel you need someone to help you, or something to happen before you can be confident in anything?

How did you learn to ride a bike when you were a kid? Did you visualise yourself riding the bike and imagine how you would feel one you were riding it down the street? No course you didn’t.

Did you use positive affirmations to re-programme your subconscious? No, I don’t think so.

So how did you learn, well probably you just got on and started pedalling, you may have fell off a few times, but you more than likely had someone’s help when you made your first few attempts. However eventually you were riding your bike solo, eventually without stabilisers and in that moment you became truly confident in your ability to ride a bike.

My point is, if you think about it, your feeling of confidence came after, no before, your action. That’s an important thing to remember. You can’t always feel totally confident about something. So it’s understandable to feel a little anxious about whether you can lose your weight and keep it off, especially if you’ve tried before.

If you’re waiting for the right feeling before you take action – you could be waiting a long time. It’s okay to not feel 100% confident in your ability to stay on track. Hell I’ve been dieting more on than off since I was 18 and I still don’t feel confident that I can get to my goal weight and stay there for life. These days I do feel confident that I won’t ever stop trying to be the best that I can be, and that when I’m not doing so, I feel confident that I’ll love myself regardless!
So quit waiting to feel confident, don’t think too much about it, just start or continue doing it. We can all improve along the way. Visualisation and affirmations can and do help, but starting and doing helps more ;-)
It’s not just about what you achieve in the end, its how you feel about yourself along the way.

Remember life starts now?
Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: