Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 October 2010

18th October 2010 - todays email

The act of smiling is a gift that gives a little piece of joy and sunshine to brighten another's day.

What a beautiful autumn day it was yesterday, mom, Alfie and me went to Hawkstone Follies, if you’ve never been it’s a great place to take the kids, lots of caves and places to explore. We walked for a few hours which killed up both, moms with her knee and back and me the same, we were like two old ladies at the end, then driving back I seized up which was quite a sight as I walked across the supermarket car park! However we thoroughly enjoyed it, I love to get out in nature, I come alive and could spend hours out there. Alfie seems to agree with me bless him, he just went on and on and on! And we earnt bonus points and didn’t sit round all day thinking, “what and when can we eat next”!

So how did you spend your weekend? Were you productive?

In addition to moving more, the best way for us to keep fit and healthy is for us to watch what we eat, drink and think. Our choices of thoughts and food are the major parts of either poor health or good health. Life has given us unlimited choices and it’s up to us to educate ourselves on what really works for us. We’re all unique individuals and have our own special needs. So be aware of how your choice of thoughts makes you feel. When you choose angry or bitter thoughts, do you “feel” good? Wouldn’t you feel better if you chose a thought like, “let it go, all is good in my world”?

It’s the same with foods. Do you choose foods with the pretty picture on the package and then feel tired and irritable shortly after you’ve eaten it? Or do you choose natural foods that build up your energy and create healthy new cells? For the next week, be aware of your choices of thoughts and foods. You can create good health one food at a time, and one thought at a time!

I know sometimes it’s easier to make the wrong choice because we’ve done it for so long, but believe me by making the right choice you are only benefiting yourself. We all have something we know we should limit or cut out, for me it’s red wine and I’m working on it (not in an AA kind of way!) I’m aware that when I cut out alcohol, I sleep better, I function better the next day and I look better. The same goes for too much food or food that makes me feel sluggish.

So I’ve made it through my first week of tracking 100% honestly, some days were ugly but I’m pleased to say over the week I’ve come out more or less on target, even though we did have Waitrose bread and butter pudding (serves 4) with custard yesterday between the two of us! I’ve gone a little over, but it would have been a lot over had I not tracked! This week is going to be a big improvement because I’m starting to feel better in myself, yes I’m still in pain but that’s going nowhere according to my doctor so I might as well learn to love it and accept it. My belief is if you can’t change something; change the way you react to it.

It’s only 68 sleeps to Christmas, that’s under 10 weeks and I plan to be at goal by then and maintaining. What’s your plan? If you haven’t been to your meeting for a while, time to come back, November is going to be an amazing month.

If you don’t already have a monthly pass, why don’t you give yourself an early Christmas present and treat yourself to one in the meeting this week, only £12.95* for the first month, it’s the best tool to help you stay on track in-between meetings, and it will be invaluable in November!

It’s Monday - choose to enjoy it!

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!



*(£19.99 each month after).

No comments: