Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 October 2010

19th October 2010 todays facebook email

You can motivate players better with kind words than you can with a whip. Bud Wilkinson

WOW, have I had a good nights sleep, that has to do with eating well and not drinking, I’m sure! Which goes back to yesterdays email comment about what you think, eat and drink affects your health and it’s so true. So yesterday I thought positive, earnt lots of points on my pedometer walking Alfie twice (I made time) and I ate well, I cooked a chicken dinner with swede and mash and carrots and also prepared myself a pastrami sandwich with a mustard dressing ready for when I got back on the night. Because I’m busier today, I’ve also prepared some leek and potato soup – nice. And I still managed to get everything done, maybe because I expected too!

So did you think about the consequences before doing something yesterday?

I’m loving these dry cold days, idea for taking a brisk walk and its just as important to move more as it is to eat less, the two together give fantastic results and that’s what I’m seeing in my meetings at the moment, one member had lost 3 stone so far last night and is still as focused as the day she joined.

We’re looking at the importance of protein this week and there’s a fabulous salmon recipe in Your Week, so here’s another one to go with it for those of you that don’t have much time in the kitchen;

10-minute salmon with spring onion sauce, serves 4, 5pts per serving

450g (1lb) fresh salmon fillets (14pts)
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
570ml (1 pint) water
6 tbsp coarsely chopped spring onions
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
1½ tbsp oil (preferably ground nut) (3½pts)
2 tsp sesame oil (1½pts)

Rub the salmon fillets with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Bring the water to the simmer in the wok. Add the salmon, simmer for 2-3 minutes, cover tightly and turn off the heat. Allow to stand for 4 minutes. Combine the spring onions, ginger and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt together in a small bowl. In a small pan combine the oil and sesame oil and bring it to the smoking point. Remove the salmon from the water and arrange on a platter. Scatter the spring onion mixture on top and pour hot oil over it. Serve at once.
Mmm, I might have that myself Thursday when I’m rushed it sounds scrumptious doesn’t it. I love salmon and it’s so good for you.

Here’s a little bit of culture for a Tuesday morning, a poem to start the day;

You’ve got to be sure of yourself
Before you can ever win a prize.

Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.

Walter D. Wintle.

In other words, if you want to succeed on your weight loss plan, you have to believe in yourself, self-doubt will not help. Never forget you are amazing and can do anything you make up your mind to do!

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: