Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 October 2010

5th October 2010 - facebook email

Angels fly because they take themselves lightly. Jean Cocteau

Good morning, it’s very dark outside, well it would be it’s 5.30am, and the clocks will be going back at the end of the month so it’s only going to get darker. So I’m thinking we need to think of ways to bring lightness and brightness into our lives.

This morning for some reason I found myself thinking about my old boss who was fabulous, taught me so much and really helped me along the way. Whenever I was moaning about a project or task he’d given me to do, one of the things he used to say to me all the time was “Bev J.F.D.I.”, which stood for Just, F***in, Do, IT! And joking aside, even though at the time I used to walk off with the “Humph” posture and a few choice words, he was always right, it didn’t matter how much I moaned about the situation the job had to be done, and it had to be done in the time allowed because someone above both of us was calling the shots.

Do you ever find yourself having a “Humph” moment, when you’re not getting your own way, when you didn’t get the result on the scales you’d expected, when you’re finding life or your diet difficult. You know the feeling things aren’t going how you wanted them too so you feel sorry for yourself and get all “humph – like” and sulky. Take it from me, it’s not productive, it doesn’t help the situation, it won’t help you get your own way, it won’t change the number on the scales instantly and it won’t make anything any easier. So in the words of my great boss, J.F.D.I. instead of sulking about a situation, do something about it. If something isn’t going the way you want it to, ask yourself, “what can I do to change this situation”, if the scales didn’t give you the result you were expecting, ask, “what can I do this week to improve that result and make that number lower”. The same goes for any “humph” moment you can come up with, there’s always a “J.F.D.I.” response, and they’re always much more beneficial than self pity.

Last week I didn’t lose on the scales, I’d lost 2lb the week before and I was pleased with that even though I’d thought it would be more, so this week I really got healthy and yesterday I lost 3lb so that’s 5lb in 3 weeks and I’m thrilled with that. My J.F.D.I. moment told me to cut down on caffeine and alcohol for my health as well as my weight and to eat more fruit and none processed food. I even drove past a MacDonalds the other day and thought, “nah I don’t want one”, I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in my life, I always want a Maccy’s, but what was going through my head was I had one last Friday and they should be treats not daily or even weekly events.

Remember no one knows you better than you! So be your own Guru, think about what you need in your diet and life to make it successful for you, plan your meals using the Weight Watchers plan as a tool to create the perfect plan for you. I know some of you plan your meals for the week, I couldn’t do that because I like to decide within a maximum of a few hours what I fancy to eat for my next meal, because of this I ensure I have plenty of healthy meals in my fridge. For example yesterday I found a delicious recipe I want to try so I bought the ingredients but I just didn’t fancy it yesterday, I do today, so I’m looking forward to Camembert Pasta for lunch, quite high in points but I’ll go light on my dinner.

You can eat well and lose weight, you don’t have to forgo those foods you love, this week I’ve eaten – dark chocolate, butter, coleslaw (and I mean the taste the difference stuff not the low fat, low taste stuff), pistachios, dried fruit, brazil nuts, cashews, cheese (again not low fat), pastry. I think you’re getting my point; you can eat things that you might think you need to cut out,

Nothing should be omitted from your diet that you enjoy, and nothing should be added that you don’t. It’s all in the portion control! Eat when your hungry, stop when your full, focus on your food, put it on a plate – seriously it makes a difference.


O and poor response to the gratitude request from me, 336 members on this group and 4 postings and 1 email, I’m disappointed I have to say, so come on J.F.D.I!

Remember life starts now.

Are you living yet.

Bev xx

1 comment:

processed cashew nuts said...

really a very useful information on facebook email.........