Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 2 October 2010

2nd October 2010 - today's facebook email

The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. Plutarch

Well its 6am and me and Alfie have already done an half hour yoga dvd – kind of anyway, Alfie takes away the calmness of the movements and adds his own spice! It did make me laugh though, no point trying to calm a 9 month old dog down when he things you’ve just invented a new game that involves him trying to catch your wrist whilst you’re standing in the warrior pose ;-) Then he came upstairs and stood on my windowsill barking at a fox, I’m not sure who would’ve woke the neighbours, him barking or me shouting “shut up, be quiet”. Anywho onto todays’ thoughts.

When you look in the mirror what do you see? How do you talk to your body? Do you like it? Do you accept it and plan to change it?

I’ve spent over 20 years trying to get the perfect body, I’ve been as low as 8st (I’ve spent most of this year almost 3 stone heavier than that), my heaviest was 13st 12lb, so that a huge difference – almost 6 stone of fluctuation in-between, I used to go to the gym 5 times a week minimum for 1-2hours, I’ve really been all kinds of shapes and sizes and none of them have ever been that “perfect when I get to goal” body I imagined, in that image I think I was probably a foot taller, with long slim legs and had waist length blonde hair! So that was never going to happen was it! However and I can’t recall exactly when this happened but sometime over the last year I think, I suddenly decided to own my body, appreciate it for how marvelous it is whatever its shape or size, because you may be able to change your weight but you’re never change your shape.

Think about it through so many women’s eyes, being slim means being…

Successful, in control, healthy, happy, beautiful, popular, confident, lucky, glamorous, enviable, attractive, fit, elegant, fashionable

Which is totally WRONG! I know lots of unfashionable (in my opinion of course), shy, unfit slim people!

So here are some questions you can ask yourself:

Have you ever be thinner than you are now?
Have you ever been slim?
Could you tick all those boxes?
However slim you were, was it ever good enough?
Were you ever slim enough?
Toned enough?
Beautiful enough?
How many women do you know who don't have the perfect figure and yet tick many of those boxes?
And how many slim women do you know who don't?

How often do you look through the glossy magazines and see all those beautiful, slim women and envy them thinking “no matter what I do, I’m never gonna look like that!” Well do you know what, you could. Don’t forget those photos are not the original laid bare women, the have lots of make-up on, a fantastic photographer who knows the positions to hold to make them look fabulous and slim, they even hairbrush the photos. We all know this is true but we still ignore it.

Well yesterday I went to have a makeover, I bought it with the vouchers I collect on my Tesco credit card and it included hair, makeup and photographs, I had to take 3 or 4 changes of clothing and I had the best day, I even did a GOK and went naked!!! Check me out, I used to be so self-conscious of my body and now I love it lumps, bumps, scars and all of it, it’s mine and without it, I’d just be a head!

You all know what I look like in the flesh so I will let you take a look at the photos and decide for yourself if those girls in the magazines naturally look that good when they get up in the morning!

Bear in mind when you look at the photos that according to that fantastic BMI Chart that tells us all what we should weigh I am still at least a stone overweight!

my makeover photos

If you fancy having a go yourself, check out their website, I went to the Birmingham one, the photos aren’t cheap but there was never any hard sell at all. http://www.newidstudios.co.uk/

I enjoyed myself enormously, had the best day and for the price of the photoshoot which would be £50 I got a haircut which would have cost me £38! So even if you don’t buy the photos it’s a great day.

Remember life starts now.
Are you living yet? And are you appreciating your body!
Bev xx

No comments: