Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 October 2010

22nd October 2010 todays facebook email

The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them. George Bernard Shaw

How brilliant is that quote above, I received it via email this morning after I’d read a friends facebook status that read, “when somebody says you’ve changed, it’s only because you stopped living your life their way”. Both of these quotes I love because they’re about change and we can all do it if we set our mind to it. Yes you will come up against those that don’t want you to change or don’t like the new you and when you do ask yourself, “why don’t they want you to change, why don’t they want you to grow and improve?” It could be because it was to their advantage to have you the way your were!

When I’m talking about changing and improving yourself, I don’t mean attaining perfection as society sees it. It’s important to realise they’re not such thing, accept that “flaws are us”, so do the best you can and aim to improve remembering along the way, you’re perfect for who you are and you always will be!

When you play the ‘BE PERFECT’ game, you will always end up on the losing team! Why? Because we’re flawed, all of us and personally I like my flaws they make me who I am, and those close to me love my flaws too, my mates loves me for who I am not what I am, my bessie mate finds it endearing that I make her sit through rubbish tv programmes and I sleep through them, but if she attempts to turn the tv over I wake up and say, “I’m watching that” ;0)

So no matter what you do or how hard you try the fundamental fact that ‘we’re all flawed’ remains. You’re not perfect and never will be! And guess what? That’s absolutely fine because nobody else is either.

It’s absolutely OK not to always be okay, it doesn’t mean we can’t continue to improve, it’s just that it’s good to recognise that part of what makes us human is our flaws and by accepting them, you can be FLAWED AND FANTASTIC!

So today accept that you are flawed and fantastic, embrace that thought, because you are, how do I know because I’ve met everyone of you (almost anyway).

Well I was less than perfect yesterday so have 5 lots of paperwork to do now and a whole heap of points to pull back on!!!!

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless your living!

No comments: