Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 November 2019

Start your day with a cuddle

Friday 22nd November 2019
Be in competition with no one.  have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone.   Simply try to be better than the person you were yesterday. 


I spent the first 15 minutes of my morning having a cuddle with my mom who woke up a bit confused this morning, we chatted and she said, 'I love you, but I'm hard to look after and it's going to get harder', breaks my heart when I know she's lucid and realises what's happening to her.  I just assured her I'm okay, she made a strong women who can handle anything she throws at me, but of course I reminded her that wasn't a challenge.  We'll be okay, it's tough and yes it will get tougher but we'll survive because there will always be love. 

Now I know I'm supposed to be trying to losing weight but I'm sorry, I got that trip to Aldi and was told I didn't have to rush so I got a little excited and carried away with my shop so I have a fridge full of food and a couple of things are higher in Smart Points and if I didn't drink wine as well I could easily include them in my weeklies, but we all know I'd be lying if I pretended I didn't have any wine as well last night!  As these Dementia Days go, yesterday wasn't a bad one for mom, she only went stroppy just before bedtime and only woke me once in the night because she couldn't breathe, I went and lay with her for a while to calm her and she went back to sleep.  

I do know eating healthy meals is most definitely helping me to feel better, that together with sleep and doing a bit of something for me all helps, doing a simple granny square baby blanket and I've just found a couple of patterns to try next.  Yesterday was a busy day with 5 workshops, so I was impressed with my choices.  

Firstly I had a bacon and egg sarnie, when I wanted to stop at Greggs and buy a sausage baguette 17SP!  Although I still fancy one lol, but there's always another day.  

 Bacon & egg ðŸ˜‹ ðŸ’š 8SP ðŸ’™ 6SP ðŸ’œ 6SP

Mom wanted food at lunchtime which isn't the norm so I opt for something I know she'll eat, and good old egg and chips always does it for her, there was an open tin of beans in the fridge so we had a couple of spoons of them too, these were the very cheap ones from Aldi, they ain't that nice, I'd rather spend a few more pennies and a few more SmartPoints and buy their dearer ones.

💚 11SP ðŸ’™ 9SP ðŸ’œ 9SP

After talking about takeaways in workshop, I fancied one, thankfully I had this in the fridge from Aldi and I was impressed, the portion was enough for one but really does make you realise how large those portions are from our takeaways.  Plus our portions in Wolverhampton/Walsall are larger than elsewhere, one member last night said she'd had a chow mien from Birmingham and it wasn't anywhere near as large as the ones by her! 

It took me over my points (that's what your weeklies are for) 
but it’s lower than a takeaway & it was good!   ðŸ’š ðŸ’™ ðŸ’œ 23SP

I've seen some great results on all 3 plans this week, so good to see members re-engaged in the programme, focusing on losing a little more before the festive season starts.  

Mom and I are going to do our BeYOUtiful book this weekend, I know the crafternoon isn't until next Saturday but as long as we spend some time crafting it really doesn't matter when we do it.  If you haven't already can you click attend on the event https://www.facebook.com/events/2471645273104058/ it's virtual so you don't have to go anywhere, just spend a couple of hours crafting in any way that suits you.  If you don't know what I mean by a BeYOUtiful book, it's explained in the event info and of course I'll show you some of ours when we do it.  It'll be an ongoing project too. 

A day of rest lies ahead, time with mom, try and get her to start another jigsaw, watch a bit of tele, it all depends on her mood, I'd suggested colouring books on the morning and she was all for it, before she went to bed last night she more or less told me where I could shove them!  

Just found this recipe when I was looking for something else, it's a good one too.

Chicken Fricassee
Serves 2, ðŸ’š8sp per portion ðŸ’™6sp per portion ðŸ’œ1sp per portion 

100g brown rice (💚💙10SP) (💜 zero)
low fat cooking spray
2 x 165g skinless boneless chicken breasts (💚3SP) (💙💜 zero)
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes) (1SP)
110g carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks.
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese (2SP)

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well and leave to cool. Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Add the stock and carrots. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated. Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot. Divide between two plates. Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock. Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice. Keep warm. Return the pan with the stock to the hob. Boil quickly for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soft cheese. Pour the sauce over the chicken.


Still dark out but looks wet, so probably not in for a lovely weather day, but hey, see a grey day as silver, let's make our own sunshine, here's to a good one.  Not sure what's on my menu but I'll aim to make it all less Smart Points than yesterday!  Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: