Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 November 2019

NO MORE....

Friday 8th November 2019
Notice the wins, even when you're losing.


What do you need to say NO MORE to?  I know I could say no more to a few things, including NO MORE gaining weight, yeah not sure if I mentioned it earlier in the week but I gained on the scales this week, I gained 1.5lb, so my maintaining streak finally crashed, got cocky didn't I!  I'd stopped honest tracking, I was doing what I call 'wellness wins tracking' where I just track three times to get my WW Wins for my freebies, not this week though, I'm back to honest tracking and it's scary how many points I'm using which is why I'm looking for healthy meal ideas that are good at this time of year when we want comfort food.  I need food that's going to satisfy and fill me up as I'm hungry (like all the time right now!) 

A member gave me this recipe yesterday for a zero turkey chilli, I thought I’d share, you could use chicken breast mince too for zero, or if you’re happy to use a few points, use beef mince, we’re allowed to enjoy our food remember as long as we track the points.  

Zero Turkey Chilli

450g (1lb) of extra lean ground turkey
1 onion, finely chopped
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, finely chopped
2 Jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped (can add more or less depending on how hot you like your chilli)
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
400g can of kidney beans, drained
165g frozen corn  
480ml of chopped tomatoes or passata
480ml of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 tablespoon of cumin
2 teaspoons of oregano
pinch of cayenne
2 tablespoons of tomato puree 
salt and black pepper to season
olive oil spray
fresh chopped coriander

  1. Spray a big pan over a medium heat with some olive oil spray
  2. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and fry for a few minutes to soften.
  3. Add the turkey mince and fry until browned.
  4. Add the Jalapeño peppers, red pepper, tomato paste, cumin, paprika and oregano and mix to evenly coat.
  5. Add in the chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
  6. Reduce heat to simmer, add in the corn and kidney beans, place a lid over the top and simmer for approx 45 mins, sauce should of reduced down slightly and thickened.
  7. Season with salt and black pepper as needed and top with freshly chopped coriander.
  8. Serve with your choice of sides.

I’m not personally a massive chilli fan, so I think I’m going to make my own fish pie at some point over the next few days and instead of mash on the top I’ll have thinly sliced potatoes and I’ll probably use mushroom soup as the sauce, nom nom, through some peas and sweetcorn, maybe green beans in as that’s what’s in my freezer and cupboards and I don’t want to go spending again this week.  I’ve almost done it, a month of barely using my credit card and not buying anything I didn’t really need (oh except the wine but that’s an essential and it’s gonna last me the rest of the year at least thankfully, that’s what savings are for isn’t it, an early Christmas present to myself),  Anyway it’s really helped to ask myself, ‘do I really need that, or do I just want it and I can live without it?’  Now to start trying to ask myself the same with food, because yesterday I could’ve eaten my own head, the last few days I’ve just had a massive appetite and wanted to eat anything and everything, I’ve resisted somewhat but could do better.  I need comfort food that’s healthy, hence the fish pie plan, Alfie and I will probably have steak today with butternut squash chips, that’ll be easy enough to cook.  Although I have pork chops too that will need eating, I think they’ve got a use by 10th date on so it’s not too bad, they could be Sunday dinner, especially if I get that stuffing and do it in the gravy in the oven like that member told me, nom nom, you know I could eat that now and it’s 6am, see I’ve got my hungry head on and I blame the weather, cos you’ve gotta blame something ain’t ya!  That's 3 meals planned though, it's a start. 

My sister had cauliflower cheese this week, it sounded immense but it wasn’t a healthy version!  I might buy a ready made one of those when I do go shopping add it onto my list although there's a low point recipe on the WW app.  I’m thinking of going back to online shopping, Aldi is great and it’s cheap but it’s stressful having to rush there checking on mom or having to ask my sister to sit with her, when she’s already doing plenty of sitting with mom already, so now to decide which supermarket is the best value, all suggestions welcome.  


Here's to surviving the struggle today, the one thing that's making me feel better about it all is I know so many others who are also struggling with it at the moment and I know we will all come through the other side.  I've got a day of rest to look forward to today, my massage to enjoy, had to cancel last weeks but my sisters gonna sit with mom for me today.  I've had some sleep so hopefully won't sleep through the massage lol, although it was broken sleep and I can't even blame mom for that, she was good last night, I can thank my hormones and menopausal sweats, how can you be cold but sweating when you haven't got a fever, it's just crazy isn't it the way the body works, I found a hair on my chin that's a cm long, yet the hair on my head takes years to grow, just no fairness there either is there!  

Despite all these silly struggles, Im blessed to be sitting in a now warm house because the heatings on, with a gorgeous dog asleep on the landing and my wonderful mom dozing in her chair downstairs.  As my quote states, I'm going to notice the wins even if I'm losing at the weight loss thing at the moment, pay attention to the things you do well and build on making more of them, getting more wins each and every day until you're winning again. 

Remember whatever you weigh, you're enough, you're BeYOUtiful and you're doing your best to take care of yourself.  Today BeYOU, But be the best version of you BeYOUtiful.   Mwah, 

Luv ya,

Love me xx  

No comments: