Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 November 2019

day or night, it's all a blur

Sunday 3rd November 2019
You body can stand almost anything.  It's your mind you have to convince.


I've just watched a programme on BBC news called Our World it was about slavery in Kuwait!  In this day and age to see that people are being sold on Apps is disgusting.  I will not complain about my life today, even if mom did decide our Sunday was starting at 1am today, oh yes we've been awake since then, it's going to be a fun day not lol.  At least we had a smile moment yesterday with a couple of crackers. 

It's these moments that make the 1am wake ups bearable.

I wasn't perfect with my food yesterday but I managed two good meals, loving parmesan courgettes, I could eat them regularly.  Had them for breakfast with an omelette.  

For my tea I had beef curry and rice, I cooked it in the slow cooker, using Patak's saag masala and stewing beef. Delicious it was, left it for 8 hours on low and the beef melted. 



Learning to crochet was mentioned in my workshop yesterday morning and I promised to share these links that helped me initially learn to crochet coming up to 2 years ago now.   Both of these ladies are excellent at teaching, it's just down to preference, both videos show a basic granny square on YouTube and they also have lots of other videos available too.  Actually there are so many videos out there now it's incredible.  I have said though that if any one wants a little hands on help, they are welcome to bring their hook and yarn with them on a Saturday as I have a few members in that workshop who already crochet and are happy to other some support and guidance.  


What's that got to do with weight loss you ask?  Everything, it's a hobby, and it's replacing the hobby of eating!  It is also excellent for mental health, it's relaxing, reduces stress and anxiety by helping us to stop, sit and concentrate on something other than the worries and challenges of the day.   The repetitiveness of some projects can calm and relax, whilst helping you to learn a new skill.  The feeling of satisfaction when you finish a project is just the best and even better when gifted to another. 

Speaking of which, that's what I'm going to do now, I have a very agitated mom this morning so I'm going to go sit with her. I started listening to a new book yesterday called 'It's not fair, learn to love the life you didn't choose' and I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot, she makes a few good points!

Here's to a relaxing day (hopefully), hope you have something to look forward too.  mwah, 

luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: