Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Healthy eating = healthy thinking

Wednesday 20th November 2019
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.


Just WOW, the sunrise this morning was incredible, I just sat watching it, very meditative and relaxing which is something I most definitely need right now with everything that's going on with mom.  

Aside from my mom, yesterday was a good day, it started with a chat at the scales with a member, it was so good to talk to someone who was completely on the same level as myself about our circumstances, we had a giggle together about how said it is to get excited to be going to Aldi!  After my workshop which was as great as always, I went and enjoyed an hour of completely being me walking round Aldi not thinking about mom, work or anything else,  I've bought lots of healthy food that I look forward to eating.  I didn't buy this but thought for 15SP it was maybe something I'd buy in the future; 
When I got home mom was in her, "I don't need babysitting, I don't know why she comes round' mood, that's not the easiest version of her but I'm learning how to handle the situation.  I went to make her a cuppa despite knowing she'd tell me it was crap, when I opened the mug cupboard this was sat on the shelf a little gift from my sister, it put the biggest smile on my face it really did.  I wore the socks last night and whenever I'm alone with mom and I feel like I need a hug, I will go make me a cuppa in this cup.



My mental health is the most important thing for me right now, as I lay in bed last night listening to mom keep coming out onto the landing to try and convince Alfie to come in her room, there was no way I was going to sleep until he did or she gave up, which was some time after midnight.  I need to find ways to calm myself and get sleep when possible.  Mel suggested meditation last night and yeah I think she's right, if I can't sleep when moms being that way I could try meditating.  I've also found a subscription box I think I'm going to treat myself to. I already have a crochet one which I love to receive each month, it's something to look forward to, this one is from Mind, who I'm raising money for this month, it's the Pause box, https://pauseformind.org.uk 

                               A little me–time treat delivered to your door each month. 
                       Pause is here to boost your wellbeing and help support Mind too. 


It's £7.50 a month, I've had a look at a couple of YouTube videos of people opening yours and I think I'd like it, even if it is just something that pops through the door to remind me to pause and take care of me.  I'll do it in a bit when I've been downstairs and got my bank card.

Food, let's talk yesterday's meals, 
eggy bread, baked beans and mushrooms  ðŸ’š 9SP ðŸ’™7SP ðŸ’œ 7SP. 
Winner winner chicken dinner! Now this is all convenience food the chicken was a cooked one from Aldi, the veg were prepared root veg with a butter pattie in so it cost me 18SP in total if following ðŸ’š (I ate the chicken skin!) you could save points by prepping your own veg & not using the butter or removing the skin from chicken. If you did this on  ðŸ’™ or ðŸ’œ you just point the gravy and Yorkshire pudding. MyWW your way - the choice is yours! 

Fluffy pink socks from my sis & a healthy chicken flatbread salad with Caesar dressing  
💚 7SP ðŸ’™ 6SP ðŸ’œ 6SP

Yes today I'm going to focus on my mental health because I can see how it could be easy to go down a black hole, I refuse to!

Here's to another good eating day, so much in the fridge to chose from.  Moms just woke up (in a good mood for now thankfully), I'm off to sort her out and make her a drink, have a great day folks. xx

Mwah, luv ya


Love me


No comments: