Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 24 November 2018

Yep, the trees gone up!

24th November 2018
Today do not stress over things you can't control


#3GoodThings
1) got mom to eat a proper meal
2) got mom in a supermarket for a walk round (only a few aisles but she did it)
3) I had a lovely massage 

From the 2nd of my good things came more good things, whilst in there mom took a liking to a little Christmas tree so we bought that and it's now sitting by our TV, Christmas is officially in the house!  That will be more or less the extent of our decorations as the living rooms too small for much more but it's snug and I lit candles last night too.  It was all cosy sitting in there.

It would've been my dads birthday yesterday, 87 he would've been, thankfully mom doesn't miss him and wasn't sad talking about him, she told me how he'd always looked like an old man even when they got married.  I've just realised he's been dead 27 years, so I've had more years with him dead than I did alive, 60 is no age to die is it, but that's what happens when you don't take care of yourself, because all of dads problems were self inflicted, bad diet, drinking too much and lazy, I never saw him go out to work.  

I had to take mom to the dentist yesterday, the other side of Wolverhampton, Merry Hill where we used to live, her tooth keeps coming out, I'd say it was a wasted journey because the tooth has since come out again but it wasn't because it got her out of the house.  She loved driving past the street where armed officers are negotiating with some 38 year old bloke https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2018/11/23/fire-crews-and-medics-on-standby-as-armed-police-close-wolverhampton-road/ she loves a bit of drama.  Oh and she loved having a natter with anyone who'd listen.  Whenever we're in the car she chatters away none stop and theres a lot of "He was there last time we drove down here", "That was like that the last time we came this way", she has a lot of deja vu but it's not real because they weren't there or we haven't been there before.  I'm sure it's a part of the Alzheimers, almost as if her brain processes it instantly and then repeats it like she's seen it before 'last time'.  Could be very annoying, but I just agree with her or laugh with her depending on her mood.  We had a couple of hours out the house and that's what matters. 

Ooo I've got my shopping coming at stupid o'clock this morning so I better get myself some clothes on!  I need to sign off, here's to surviving the weekend.  Oh and do you like who you're becoming as per the photo at the top of the blog.  I do, I'm happy in my head, I'd like a leaner body but the pay off is too expensive for me right now, if the worst thing about me is I'm carrying an extra stone, I'll take that, my qualities and quality of life more than makes up for it.  I can handle the aches and pains I wake up with, I'm making moms life as comfortable as is possible and ensuring she has nothing to worry about.  Oh and it's nearly Christmas! WOO HOO, oh okay it's not quite but it is a calendar month to Christmas Eve, yep it is!  So Happy month before Christmas to you BeYOUtiful, enjoy your weekend. 

No comments: