Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 17 November 2018

Here's to the weekend.


17th November 2018

Love is not what you say, love is what you do.

 

 

So much for letting my pc do an update, it’s now frozen and had to be rebooted three times this morning, good job I’ve had a good night’s sleep or I might be annoyed.  Yeah yesterday was a very good day, thanks to Dave who took the Food Bank stuff for me saving me an hour, I made a proper dinner, something I don’t do on a Friday, but as he’d saved me an hour, I thought I’d put the time to good use, so I prepared a steak and mushroom pie, washed up, did a load of washing and now I have enough for dinner today too = result.

 

They showed Dave the set up and told him these are the things they’re desperate for right now,

How about instead of sending Christmas cards this year, or maybe instead of buying someone a tin of roses or a box of biscuits you tell them you fed a family instead by buying one of each of the items on that list…



Carton Fruit juice (long life)
Tinned Fruit
Tinned meat
Carton milk (long life)
Rice pudding 
Tinned tomatoes 

I've just looked on the Asda website and you can get all that for £3, make it £4 if you buy the larger tin of meat, I'm going to nip in Lidl's I think after my meeting and get a tenners worth, so don't no one expect Christmas cards this year - to be fair, I don't remember the last time I sent a card anyway. I can do my food whilst I'm in there, save me a few pennies.

After watching some of Children in Need last night and listening to it on the breakfast show yesterday morning, I realise even more than usual how blessed I am, here's my #3goodthings from yesterday.

- Dave doing the food bank run
- An amazing massage - thank you Charlotte at the Chi Rooms (magic hands!)
- Steak & Mushroom pie (plus mom ate some = bonus)

The highlight of my day yesterday though and I love that I'm now a middle aged woman who gets excited about crochet, yeah the highlight was me learning to read the crochet pattern of the blanket I'm going to make, I've managed to do first 4 rounds but until more wool arrives I can't continue, so I'll finish off the others I have going on.

Anyway, I need to get a wriggle on, all that computer shutting down malarky means I'm now running late.  

Look forward to seeing some of you this morning, here's to a great day.

Oh and if you're looking for a healthy gift for a friend this year, why not buy them a 3 month subscription to WW, only £25 on groupon https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ww-weight-watchers-three-month-subscription = bargain! Offer ends 23rd November. 

 

No comments: