Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 November 2018

Surviving the rest of the year

23rd November 2018
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

So yesterday in my meetings we talked about the foods we could be eating at this time of year to help keep us on track and one of the meals mentioned last night was this one; 

Garlic chicken curry

9sp per serving, serves 2

10 minutes prep time, plus marinating. Cook time 20 minutes


Small bunch fresh coriander

3 garlic cloves, crushed

2tsp garam masala

1tbsp mango chutney (4SP)

2 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets

1 tsp vegetable oil (1SP)

1 onion, thinly sliced

400g tin chopped tomatoes

100g basmati rice (10SP)

2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt


  • Cut most of the stalks from the coriander and set the leaves aside. Finely chop the stalks and mix with the garlic, garam masala, chutney and a pinch of salt to form a paste.
  • Using a sharp knife, cut small slashes in each chicken fillet then flatten them slightly. Spread over the paste and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
  • Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and fry the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken and marinade and turn to coat in the onions. Fry for 6-8 minutes, turning the chicken and stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Chop the coriander leaves and stir half of them into the sauce.
  • Meanwhile cook the rice to pack instructions, and mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt.
  • Serve the curry with the rice and coriander yogurt.

It definitely going on my To Eat list and I remember a member throwing it all in the slow cooker and it worked a treat.

Now as good as my meetings were yesterday, I was missing quite a few - can I just say it's not Christmas yet and we can do a lot of damage in the days left of this year, the general consensus from members was easily a stone could be gained if they ditched WW now.

What can we do to stay focused?  Well eat more zero foods and plenty of veggies, make sure we're not hungry to start with.  I had a delicious omelette for breakfast yesterday filled with peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and peas.  I was just about to type onions but I didn't have any to add, maybe I'll buy a bag of frozen so I can always grab a handful for a meal like that.  It's been a year since WW added to the zero food list and the results have been brilliant thanks to them.  I popped round to see my bestie on the way to work yesterday morning and I barely recognised her, she's lost so much weight over the last 12 months, I know I see her every Saturday morning when I weigh her but seeing her in her work clothes, well I was like WOW! 

#3GoodThings - my entire day was good if I'm honest, but the highlight, well let's just say I'm sat here tapping away on it.  It's a smoking hot new laptop - Happy Christmas to me.  Good job it's pay day this weekend, although my wages will not cover my credit card bill this month at all, I had a laptop mom had a chair which can I add she does not use the mechanics on because she's a stubborn bugga, but she's my stubborn bugga!

I think I need to cook some salmon this weekend, I have so much of it, fish pie maybe as I know there's white fish in the freezer too. Or maybe a pasta bake.  I'll have a mooch in the cupboards see what I have, maybe get sorting them a little in preparation for Christmas.  I'm starting to get excited for our visitors and my week off work - woo hoo, first one this year!

But not too excited, need to limit the damage over the next few weeks, keep it together, stay out of food shops so I don't get spending crazy.  I know what I'm like, so I won't put myself in a situation where I'll be tempted too much.

What are your plans to stay on track BeYOUtiful?  What are the excuses or lies you're telling yourself right now to enable you to go off track?  Who would we be without our stories!  Have a very, great day or don't - it's your choice xx









No comments: