Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 November 2018

Fakeaway Indian anyone?


9th November 2018
Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.


I’m surprisingly not tired to say it’s a Friday morning and I had a training day on as well as a full week of meetings.  It helps that I have the best job in the world and so many have come back this week feeling the same way as me, we all want to lose a few pounds before Christmas otherwise we’re going to end the year heavier than we started it.  

Tracking seems to be the theme for success, that and planning.  I’ve noticed because I’ve been tracking the last few days, it’s made me think before I’ve eaten.  Yesterday I had a zero breakfasat, asparagus, eggs and mushrooms, it kept me going till I got home at lunchtime, then I made this;



I’d definitely recommend it for a quick easy meal, peppers, onions and chicken, the packet says thigh but I used breast and the entire tray was 4SP which is a bargain, it can got with rice as I had it, or it would be delicious in a pitta with a load of salad on a Friday night instead of a chippy tea! 

I ate leftover chicken casserole for my tea, so now all that’s left in the fridge that’s cooked is the other half of the tandoori chicken, it was suggested last night that maybe I add some low fat coconut milk and turn it into a mild tandoori curry – not a bad idea, if I’d kept the juices out of the bottom of the baking tray it would’ve worked really well I think.

I was asked for an onion bhaji recipe, here’s one I’ve just found on my computer from this time last year,

Onion Bhaji

2 tsp olive oil (3sp)
3 very large onions, as thinly sliced as you can make them
1 ½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp chilli powder (I used spicy as we like them hot but if you don’t, go for mild)
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
100g chickpeas, drained and blended finely
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 egg, beaten

Pre heat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with some baking paper.

Pop your olive oil in a large frying pan (the biggest you have, there are lots of onions to be fried!) and once hot add all the onions and turmeric. Cook for around 20 minutes until the onions are nice and soft and have taken on the colour of the turmeric. Add a little water to stop the onions sticking if required.

Take the onion mixture off the heat, pop into a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients including the chickpeas. Give a good mix and then add the tomato puree and egg. Mix again until well bound.

Take around a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a rough ball, then flatten slightly. Pop onto a baking tray.  This method should give you 16 bhajis.

Spray bhajis with fry light, season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven for 20 minutes (or until nicely browned).

While your bhajis are in the oven, mix 2 tablespoons of fat free natural yoghurt with a touch of mint sauce and some grated cucumber. Pop into a smaller bowl.

Remove bhajis from oven, leave to cool a little (they will also firm up) and serve in a bowl with your yoghurt on the side. You could even add some salad with a little red onion.


Nat, you wanted a Pakora recipe too, here you go;

Pakoras
Feeds 4, 3SP per serving

2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency (10SP)
1 red onion, diced
½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste) (1SP)
3-4 tbsp fat free yogurt
1 egg, beaten
Fry Light
1.     Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Mix the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables together in a bowl. 
2.     Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.
3.     Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
4.     Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized ''dollops''.
5.     Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown.
6.     Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.
Tip: eat once cooled, with a raita made from fat free yogurt, mint sauce and chopped coriander.

These would go great with that tandoori chicken.
Anyways, I have spent too long messing about on my computer, I’ve got things to do, I have a massage later to look forward to, but I need to go check out my fridge to see what’s going to be on today’s menu, decisions, decisions.

#3GoodThings from yesterday…
·         A member gave me a Shortbread biscuit, then another member bought me a box – bless them.

Now this is why I should have a little pad or use the notepad on my phone to write them down as they happen because my memory sucks and I know I had lots of smile moments yesterday and now my brain won’t recall them!

·         My last meeting of the day (yes I love all my meetings) but the last one on a Thursday was like having a catch up with a bunch of mates (but I was being paid for it!).
·         I transferred another £250 to the Food Bank, taking our total to £1193.55 which is just incredible!

What are your 3?  There were many more smile / good moments yesterday and focusing on them is helping me get my lust for life back.  45 days to Christmas, 39 sleeps till the relatives arrive – wow I better lose a few pounds so I can enjoy regaining them with that mad lot!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, focus on the positive and if your life sucks a little at the moment, here’s a virtual hug to start your day, add it to your #3GoodThings list xx


No comments: