Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 23 April 2018

Slow cookers & sunshine


23rd April 2018
Just because the past didn’t turn out like you wanted it to doesn’t mean your future can’t be better than you imagined.

Lovely chilled out day yesterday, well it was once I’d sorted out getting my new phone, backing up the old one was proving to be a nightmare, then I had to go and fetch the new one because it was a straight swap at the 02 shop, usually they come in the post so this was a new experience for me.  Lovely staff in the Wolverhampton shop I have to say.  Anyway when I got home and reconnected my phone to the computer it said, “cannot reinstall” or words to that effect.  There would have been a time I’d have had a meltdown over that, this time I didn’t, it’s all just stuff.  

Anyway let’s talk food because I need to get back on track and find my healthy!

Slow cookers not for the hot weather – hell yeah they are, don’t put it away yet.  How about a chicken chilli, chicken mince or chicken breast and when cooked shred with two forks, tin tomatoes, chill seasoning packet mix, can of kidney beans (you could use the white ones and make it a white chilli as you’re using chicken), can sweetcorn, diced pepper and onion.  You could add a jar of Dolmio salsa sauce too.  Leave it on low all day whilst you’re at work, then when you get home you could have it with rice, on a jacket or in those taco boats.  Jobs a good un!

Then there’s the salsa chicken, again using the salsa sauce, and chicken breasts, leave on low all day or high for 4 hours, then shred with two forks.  You can add veggies like diced peppers and spring if you want, bulk it out.

Or just take your whole chicken out of the fridge and put it in the slow cooker pop the lid on and leave to cook all day on low or high for 4 hours, it’ll fall apart when you get back then you can do whatever you want with it, great on sandwiches.  As long as you take the skin off your breast portion it’ll be zero.  You could throw a pack of ready prepared veggies underneath the chicken if you want, they’ll be cooked when you get back too.  Why not wrap some spuds in foil and place them on top of the chicken, then you have jackets spuds to go with it.

Yeah there’s still plenty of uses for the old slow cooker in summer.

Here’s one more that’d go fab with rice and veggies, you could have cauliflower rice for even less points, I tried Bare Naked Rice yesterday, I can’t recommend that, it was odd, strange texture, no taste and expensive.

Slow Cooker Garlic Ginger Chicken Ingredients
Feeds 4 at 2SP each

2 tablespoons sesame oil (8SP)
2 tablespoon soy sauce (1SP)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
4 chicken breast

In the bottom of your slow cooker mix together the sesame seed oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together.
Add your chicken to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken shreds easily with 2 forks.

Any chicken that’s left, throw it in a pan with a can of white kidney beans including juice, or a can of cooked lentils, add some diced onions, any other veg you have left over and make a soup.  Throw in some flavourings that you like, so for me that would be Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic paste and/or stock cubes. 

Anyway, my cars got to go in for a service and mot this morning so I need to get my act together, got proper work to do first, let’s get on with my day, time to get my act together again with my eating habits too - life isn’t all coffee mornings and sunshine!

No comments: