Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Stop existing - start living!

6th September 2017
Anything is possible if you’ve got enough nerve. J. K. Rowling


I love that thought, “I am striving to be more than I have ever been”, and how many of us stay limited by our beliefs, safe in our comfort zone, fearful of change?  And yet when we do make that change, take that step and see those results, see great things happen, our lives change.

As my bestie said to me yesterday, “we need challenges or we're just existing and not living”, she’s a wise one sometimes, has her moments for sure!

Are you existing or are you living?   I’ve been existing for a few years now, but going for Mentor and getting the Mentor Champ role really make me realise that and I’m enjoying being challenged, doing new things, thinking outside the box, being mentally as well as physically and emotionally drained at the end of a day, but in a good way not in a ‘I can’t cope’ kind of way.  It’s amazing what you can fit in when you try!

Maybe you have what it takes to be a WW coach, maybe you know someone who you think would be awesome, why not tell them or apply yourself, https://www.weightwatchersjobs.co.uk/job_search/ we’re looking to open meetings in areas where there are none, can you imagine living in a village and not having a local WW meeting, I’d be gutted, so I’m sure those people are.  Help me let others know we’re recruiting by going to our area page and sharing this post https://www.facebook.com/WWarea41/photos/a.642277339154318.1073741829.641721782543207/1360983067283738/?type=3&theater


I know once I have my wetroom and kitchen finally sorted, the food side of my world will improve too, I’m truly missing having a full working kitchen, being able to get all my pots and pans out and get creative, with a fridge freezer in the middle of the room (unplugged) amongst other things, it’s just not going to happen at the moment, cooking too much from scratch.  To top it yesterday morning my avocado was brown inside, I so wasn’t impressed!

I’m off out for lunch today, that’ll make a nice change, driving over to Hereford to do a meeting visit, then meeting up with a couple of colleagues for a meeting over a pub lunch hopefully, then back for my meeting on the night.  Hope the roads aren’t too busy and that rain isn’t around today, it was dreadful yesterday, my poor members were walking in absolutely soaked.

Mom enjoyed my lentil thing yesterday, I’d made like a curry, lentil, spinach throw it all together in coconut milk thing and it worked quite well, just found this info on the internet on how to replace mince beef with lentils;

Lentils make a great substitute for beef mince in a recipe. They are close to the same shape and size, and they can be cooked up in about the same amount of time. Lentils are much cheaper and more environmentally friendly, here are tips for using lentils in a recipe in place of ground beef:
  • Use about 3/4 cup raw lentils, cooked, in place of a pound of ground beef
  • Cook your lentils in unsalted water (or other liquid), otherwise they may not soften
  • Lentils are moister. Consider reducing the liquid in your recipe by about 1/4 cup, or add it slowly until you get the right amount.
  • Lentils will get mushy and disintegrate if cooked for too long, so consider cooking them separately and then adding them at the end.
  • You may need to punch up the flavouring in your recipe by adding extra spices, salt, vegetable broth or bouillon in place of water, etc.

I plan to play with them more once I find that sieve and have my kitchen back J

Lentil shepherd’s pie jacket potato maybe?  Oh and there you go a recipe if you need one http://www.thevegspace.co.uk/recipe-veggie-shepherds-pie-jacket-potatoes/

Right I’m off, got a lot today before I get in my car and drive! 

Here’s to striving to be more than you’ve ever been BeYOUtiful!  You got this!


No comments: