Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 September 2017

Doing it!



28th September 2017
Live for the moments you can’t put into words!
Another day on track, oh yeah, I’m behaving and it feels good, I really enjoyed my omelette I had for breakfast yesterday, actually I enjoyed everything, had salmon and rice for lunch, I enjoy my lunch even more when I watch mom enjoying hers.  Then tea was a quick chicken and tomato sandwich, instead of spread I put a bit of Greek 0% yogurt and wholegrain mustard on it – that works well.  I then remembers Harjit had made me a chicken pea curry dish so I just did a small bowl of that in the microwave to go with it, delicious.

My days are long and busy at the moment but I’m loving it and it is short term, it will calm down in a few weeks time.  Meetings are as fab as always, the sense of community and friendship in those groups, they could almost run themselves if I’m honest.

We’ve got a raffle going on for McMillan, whatever we raise we’ll give to Suman at her coffee morning on Saturday 7th, Old Fallings United Reform Church Old Fallings Lane WV10 8BH, 12-4pm, please feel free to come along and buy a slice of cake!  Of course if you’re in my meetings before then, buy yourself a ticket, great WW friendly prizes.


We talked about curry last night and I mentioned the butter chicken one, so here’s the recipe for Estee

Butter Chicken serves 3 sp per serving, 14sp each
180g dried rice 18sp - cook according to instruction

550g chicken breast diced 5sp
5Tbsp Tandoori spice 3sp
1 ½ tbsp can't believe it's not butter light 3sp
5 green cardamom pods lightly crushed
1” cinnamon stick
4 cloves
2 small onions finely chopped I used 3 shallots
1 heaped tbsp grated ginger
1-2 green chillies slit lengthwise
2 tsp paprika
2tsp curry powder (any)
2 tsp garam masala powder
3 tbsp tomato puree 1sp
120ml Elmlea light cream 7sp
5 teaspoons sweet freedom syrup 4sp
1/2 tsp fenugreek leaf powder (Sainsbury's)
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander for garnish

Marinade chopped chicken for few hours in the tandoori spice then oven cook till tender.

Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan and add the butter. Add green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. Fry for 20 seconds, add the onions and sauté for 5-7 mins on medium heat until they take on a light brown colour.

Add the grated ginger and slit green chillies. Fry for a further minutes and add the curry powder, paprika, garam masala powder along with the tomato puree. Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes. Now gradually add the cream stirring continuously to mix all the spices with the cream. Simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. At this stage add a splash of water if the curry is too thick. Stir in the syrup and the fenugreek powder. Season to taste. Now add the cooked chicken pieces and simmer the curry on a low heat for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.

When I think 'butter chicken' I thought a korma style dish and it isn't at all, it's lush. 

I’m thinking omelette again for breakfast, bought a can of white kidney beans from Poundstretcher the other day, I didn’t know there was such a thing, but thinking I could put a few in the omelette add more protein and fibre to it, they were only 29p a can too!

I’m tempted to do stewing steak and micro chips for lunch with tinned veg, nice and quick, the Asda one is only 5sp and it’s on offer at the minute for £1.79.

That’s my day sorted, I can have Harjits chick pea curry for tea when I get back.  Here’s to another day on track and in control, being busy will not stop me succeeding!

You with me BeYOUtiful?

No comments: