Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 September 2017

Sausages are on the menu all day today!

10th September 2017
Comparison isn’t just the thief of joy, it’s the thief of everything.  


Karen left my meeting with a marrow yesterday!  That’s not an innuendo or code for anything, she actually did and when I saw it, I thought, nah I’m not a marrow fan, but if I’m honest I’ve probably only ever tried it once, if at all.  Now courgettes on the other hand - them I like and I love this idea and I’ve just seen a photo on pinterest that showed the stuffed with Italian flavoured lentils with sautéed baby spinach flavoured with onions and garlic then loaded inside these zucchini squashes. These would taste like a lasagne, minus the pasta and the meat sauce.  You could also use a marrow or butternut squash instead.  Don’t they sound good, the recipe can be found here http://littlespicejar.com/lentil-stuffed-zucchini-boats/ I can’t copy it because of copyright, but they’re worth a look.

I’m having to write about this stuff because I can’t cook it and its about to get worse whilst they’re doing the wet room I reckon, but I’m not going to think about it, not today anyway, today I need to empty that room and all my stock – such fun!

We’ve got chicken sausages on the menu today, all day actually because I ended up with 2lb instead of 1lb (long story), then I wasn’t hungry when I got home yesterday and mom had pizza so we’ll eat them for breakfast and dinner and tea today, I’ll cook them all together so it’ll save me messing about in the kitchen that isn’t yet a kitchen for too long!   Sausage and egg for brekkie, sausage and mash for dinner I reckon.
 
I do feel revived and rested, had my first massage in weeks yesterday followed by an incredibly early night and slept till half 5 this morning, although Alfie did wake me up in the middle of the night to go out, I went back to sleep.  Dreaming loads though at the moment and they are such realistic dreams I’m confusing them with reality when I wake!

I’m just listening to the Sunday hour on Radio 2, I listen to it most weeks, I’m not religious at all as anyone who knows me is aware, but I do enjoy listening to it all, taking from it what I can and she’s just been sharing stories of random acts of kindness and I love that.  You don’t need to believe in a higher power to be kind, do it because it makes you a decent person, because it’s a good thing to do.  I do it often, no need to make a song and dance about it, it doesn’t have to be someone’s birthday for you to give them a gift or buy them flowers, or heck just make them a cup of tea!  That reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday where the lady had been on holiday with her family, they’d opted self-catering this time and she said never again, not once had someone made her a cuppa, she didn’t have a holiday at all really, she was still mom doing everything!

Well Alfie wants a walk, he’s making it obvious, so I’m off to do just that, and then I’m going to get to work on emptying a room!  Wish me luck…

Enjoy your Sunday, rest a little and I hope someone is kind enough to make you a cuppa…



No comments: