Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Busy, busy, busy...



12th September 2017
The words you speak become the house you live in.


Well they came – woo hoo, the wetroom has begun, I now have a whole in my ceiling and a huge hole in my back garden and I’m happy about that!  We had quite the busy day, both of us at the dentist on the afternoon, then I did a meeting visit last night to watch a trainee do her final assessment, she’s now a fully fledge WW coach.  On my way there I could see smoke coming out of my bonnet and I was dreading stopping and looking, luckily it was fixable, when I’d filled my oil on Sunday, the cap hadn’t gone back on completely, it’s worn and needs replacing.  The greenflag man came and saved me and I’m still on the road, thankfully.

Foodwise, well….  Chicken sausage sandwich for breakfast, then I got so caught up in everything I was doing that by the time we got back from the dentist and I’d made moms dinner, I realised if I ate the same I was going to be asleep.  My plan had been to pick something light up on the way to the meeting but with the smoke I didn’t want to stop and risk not getting where I was going, so I ended up with a packet of WW bakes until I got home after 9.  Then I ate my slow cooker beef, mash, onions, carrots and sweetcorn, by then it was just food, I hate eating for the sake of eating, but I was hungry, Alfie then stood and begged all my meat from me and my carrots - seriously that dog! 

I’m so busy and I’m loving it, I spent most of yesterday morning trying to get meetings covered for coaches who were going on holiday and for one reason or another their cover had fallen through.  I love being about to support them and getting to watch them in action too, meeting visits are great, I really enjoyed sitting in the meeting last night listening to members – you really do learn things you would miss when it’s your meeting! 

I’m neglecting myself a little bit at the moment, but I know it’s because there’s so much going on in the house, the kitchen now has a washing machine in the middle of the floor too, so cooking in there today is not happening at all.  I need to rethink my eating, I’m thinking ready meals this week or just use my George Foreman.  I need to get to making myself a priority though because at the end of the day, I’m my longest commitment!  I need to take care of me, I need a few days of calm I think, need to get mom away from the chaos of what’s going on.  I know the workmen are going to be making a lot of noise today, they weren’t quiet yesterday but they’re taking the floor up today and it’s concrete, that can’t be quiet can it.  Good hard workers though they are.

I’m just letting them get on with it, I don’t care what colour it is, what kind of toilet we get, he’s done enough of them in his time and it’s not somewhere I plan to live, it’s a shower / toilet and wash basin, my only stipulation was I want a great shower – I’ve never had a decent shower.

Yay, to being awake since 4am - NOT!  Especially as it was after ten when I got to bed, it’s that time of mom where the hot sweats appear, gotta love those hormones, it’s just wonderful being in your late forties.

Here’s to a cracking good day, let’s do what we can with what we’ve got and enjoy the day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: