8th September 2017
Hustle and heart will set you apart.
Nice little 6am lie in for me this morning, bliss, ready for my day now, let’s have ya Friday! Yesterday was a good day, it really was, my members are awesome, and we had a good giggle too. It was great to see so many back after the school break.
I’m going to have me an order from Penn Road Butchers today I think, I need good low fat sausages in my life pork and chicken, maybe a beef joint to slow cook on Sunday and check out my new cooker, as the wetroom is starting Monday I think we’re gonna be in chaos again so if I can have some good food this weekend, I can cope with the chaos. Love eating I do!
I just want my fridge freezr back in my kitchen now, it’s doing my head in, this kitchen better be the best thing since sliced bread when it’s finished because I am never having it done again, I will die in that kitchen ;) eating and drinking red wine – not yet though ay, I’m not ready for that quite yet lol.
I fancy this;
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil (9sp)
- 800g (1¾ lbs) beef braising steak (29sp)
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground allspice
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine (6sp)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes or 800g (1¾ lbs) fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 300ml (½ pint) beef stock
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar [optional] (4sp)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/300°F/gas mark 2.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof dish over a high heat. Add a third of the beef and cook for 5 minutes until well browned. Set aside on a plate and repeat to brown the remaining meat.
- Add the shallots to the pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until just starting to colour.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any caramelized bits of meat from the base of the pan.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for 3½ hours or until rich and thick. Season to taste.
Yeah that would be lush with mash and green veg, nom nom!
But first to work, before that another mug of tea, that first one was amazing, it really was and I’m sure mom will want another too.
If you're thinking about returning to Weight Watchers there's a great 3 month, 40% off offer available online this weekend, www.weightwatcherslocal.co.uk, buy it and then find your meeting. If you're trying to lose weight in any other way and struggling, have a word with a friend who's doing Weight Watchers in a meeting, she/he can tell you about a great offer they have running...
Here’s to a cracking good day BeYOUtiful. We’ve got this!