Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 24 September 2016

Up at stupid o'clock!



24th September 2016
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

Awake since 3am, thank you universe, I'm out all day and really could've done with a bit more sleep, my meeting this morning and an area meeting this afternoon, so a long day ahead, better get my caffeine fix on!  

Guess what I've just spent half hour doing!  I've just booked my Christmas food shop delivery slot and added £60 to it so I'm guaranteed the slot, I can add and change at a later day, we're having a ready basted chicken joint I reckon, can't be doing with cooking a massive turkey and bless Aunt Bessie, she will be assisting once again with the parsnips and roast potatoes.  I was too late last year for a slot, so I'm making sure I'm not this year, I don't want to be fighting the Christmas lunatics on Friday 23rd!

Mom's awake now so I'll be back in a bit, I'm off to make her a cuppa.

I'm back :) bet you didn't even notice I'd gone.  Anyways yesterday I put my beef mince in the slow cooker with some leeks, carrots, stock and topped with thinly sliced potatoes, I won't lie I wasn't looking forward to it when I got home but it was actually really good and I'm looking forward to some more when I get home tonight.  The only thing with something like that for me is I like bread and spread with it, I still have it but because I've switched to the 400g loaves I'll still have 2 or 3 slices as I would've with the 800g loaf so I'm still eating half as much.  It's all about those small changes that make the big differences long term.

I had fancied making kofta curry after one of my members suggested it but I didn't have all the ingredients in nor the time to fetch them, so it's on my to cook list;

Beef Kofta Curry

700g lean beef mince (5% fat or less) (17sp)
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp medium curry powder
500ml carton passata
¼ tsp artificial sweetener

to serve, Fat-free natural yogurt (extra Smart Points)

Directions:

Place the beef mince in a mixing bowl along with the ginger, garlic, fennel, cinnamon and chilli powder. Season and, using your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. From the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls and set aside.

Place the turmeric, curry powder, passata and sweetener in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, season well and carefully place the meatballs in the sauce. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally, until they are cooked through.

Remove from the heat and serve drizzled with fat-free natural yogurt

I found this on my computer when I was looking for something else, nice easy meal for when you want something cheap and easy;

Easy Sausage & Potato Casserole
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4, 6sp a serving
A family feast at approx £1 per person!
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil (4sp)
  • 500g new potatoes, halved (10sp)
  • 1 pack Weight Watchers sausages 10sp)
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 340g jar passata
  • tsp mixed herbs
Method
  1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the potatoes and sausages for 5 minutes. Add the onion and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the sausages occasionally until browned.
  2. Add the passata sauce & herbs to the pan with 1-2 tbsp of water, then cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving.

Right that's as good as I get this morning, need to reserve my enthusiasm and energy for later, have a great day BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy and happy, it really does make a difference to your days.

No comments: