Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 29 September 2016

Give it 12 weeks, end 2016 in style?



29th September 2016
Never feel guilty for doing what's best for you.

I just checked the Christmas calender and it's exactly (at this moment in time) 86 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes, 2 seconds away from Christmas day!  Wowsers, that's just over 12 weeks and I love the above saying, which I've heard a number of times in my life;

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change
October starts Saturday if you were to decide to make it Tracktober and commit to a month of honest tracking, sticking to your allowance you would feel and notice that difference, yes the numbers on the scales would change but more than that you'd feel difference too, you'd have more energy, you'd feel more positive and I'd bet you'd smile more.  I quite like this idea too, especially the energy bit!  Focus on how you're feeling not just the numbers, lots of those changes are happening internally. 

It takes 8 weeks for your friends to notice
Start today and by the 24th November your friends will start to say, ooo have you lost some weight?  By them you'll be feeling even better, you'll probably have lost 5% of your body weight, which brings all sorts of benefits with it.  You'll also probably be looking for that Christmas outfit and feeling much better when you're stood in the changing rooms trying them on! 

It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice
22nd December is 12 weeks away, you're in the supermarket doing that last bit of shopping before the big day, you'd spotted your refection in the windows on the way in and actually thought, 'check me out, I'm looking good', that's the opposite of what I thought when I caught my reflection when I was out shopping yesterday!  Then you bump into one or two people that you know in passing, maybe the shop assistant and she says, "Wow, have you lost weight?  HOW?" and you proudly say, "yeah I have, I've lost a stone since the beginning of October, I've really enjoyed getting healthy again, I'm so glad I did".

It takes one day to decide that you are enough
Never forget that, as you are right not, you're enough.  What you're about to do is decide that you are worth taking care of, worth take the time to eat well, to think about what you're consuming and the effect it's having on your body.  Worth taking that 30 minutes out of your day to go for a walk and get some exercise (even I need to realise this bit! Starting today!)

I'm up for this - are you?

The twelve week challenge, one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time, one decision at a time - the time will pass anyway so what have you got to lose - weight, self-doubt, self-criticism!

What have you got to gain?  I'll let you fill the gap here....

Give it 12 weeks, don't quit!

No comments: