Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 April 2016

What to order - decisions, decisions...



27th April 2016
Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.  Cher

Good day at the meetings yesterday, two of my members achieved their goal, always great when that happens, Graham joined 12 weeks ago and is now 28lb lighter and feeling amazing, as is his wife who's not far behind him getting to her goal!  Tracey has lost 55lb since August last year, she joined with a health issue and thanks to weight loss she's reversed that condition and won't have to take medication now - how fab is that! 

I enjoyed my curry yesterday, as did mom, but I made Iranian Vegetable Stew on the afternoon (one of the Simply Cook kits) and it's not for me, I think its the Ras el Hanout spice I don't like the flavour of, although it can only be the all spice as there's no other ingredient I'm not keen on, or maybe it's just the combination of them all together, but I choose to have the leftover bit of stew for my tea instead. 

Off for breakfast at Wetherspoons after meeting this morning, so to decide to I go for the Eggs Benedict at 18sp, I think I may, I'll have a bit of fruit this morning then hang out till half 11 and have brunch.  Might go for the Eggs Royal for 19sp with Smoked Salmon mmm.  Although I'm also tempted by the Smoked Salmon, cream cheese and rocket bagel for 12sp.  We shall see!  Planning is key to success though, there has been a blue card points card posted in my Facebook group for Wetherspoons, I've just checked a couple of meals on there and sadly their ProPoints not SmartPoints, it does say in small writing on there somewhere if you look carefully enough :( which is a shame, but the good news is, most of them are on the app if you spell Wetherspoons correctly and also all the nutritional info is on their website if you click on Dietary Information under the meal.

The Skinny 8oz rump, with side salad from Wetherspoons is 18sp with Sirloin it's 19sp, the 80z sirloin main meal is 30sp, so the chips are costing you that bit extra - sometimes worth it.  For No Count though you could order rump steak and jacket potato with peas (no butter) or a side salad and enjoy.  Now that does sound good!

Anyway, I shouldn't be this engrossed in thinking food before 6am '-) especially when I'm not having brunch till gone 11!

I have enjoyed No Count since Friday but if I go with the Eggs Benedict today, I'll have to Smart Point, decisions, decisions.

But for now, moms just woke so I'll go make us both a nice cuppa tea and get on with my day, people to weigh, smiles to share.

Have a great day beYOUtiful, today's No Count recipe would make a great Friday Fakeaway and can be made veggie with quorn fillets.

No Count Sweet and Sour chicken
Total 13sp ~ serves 4 ~ 3sp per serving ~ with Quorn 2sp per serving
6 skinless chicken breast fillets, very thinly sliced (10sp) or 6 Quorn Fillets (6sp)
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp light soy sauce (2sp)
Low calorie cooking spray
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (1sp)
2 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
100ml passata

Spring onion slivers and lime wedges, to garnish

Place the chicken in a shallow ceramic dish. Sprinkle over the spring onions and garlic, season well and pour over the light soy sauce. Toss to mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes and then add the dark soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar, paprika, 5-spice powder and passata. Stir to mix well and bring the mixture to the boil.

Reduce the heat and cook gently for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Check the seasoning before serving garnished with spring onion sliver and lime wedges to squeeze over.

I'd be tempted to throw in some pineapple chunks too for extra sweet!
You can also make this recipe with pork 500g = 20sp. Add rice for 6sp per 60g dried weight or cauliflower rice for zero.



No comments: