Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Hump day already!



13th April 2016
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. Tony Robbins


My wrist is blooming hurting this morning and you know why - butternut squash that's why, had to chop on up yesterday and the day before for my recipes and they're blooming rock hard ain't they!  It was worth it though, the butternut squash risotto was delicious, although next time I must remember I can buy it already chopped!  I made soup with the leftovers, added a couple of onions, a potato and 3 Knorr pork stock cubes I found in the kitchen, made it tasty.

I even managed half hour in my greenhouse in the middle of a busy day, which was my smile moment, actually I had another smile moment which made me beam, as I was driving to work on the afternoon, two dogs ran out of the front door of an house, immediately I thought they were going to run in the road, but instead they ran round the back of the car on the drive and jumped excitedly into the boot, they were obviously off for their daily walk, see we all like our routines.

Midweek already, how fast do these weeks go, we're already nearing the middle of April!

So I've just done the quiz on https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou, my results was a 5, "You could be worse Beverley, but you could be a lot better too!"

That's told me!  I'm not moving enough and I drink too much!  Now all I can do is decide if I agree and want to make changes.  On a positive it tells me, my eating rocks :) go do the quiz, see what you get!

I'm going to go pour me another glass of water whilst I get ready for work and have a quick natter with my bestie via messenger.  Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, I haven't even thought about my meals today, so better do that too!

Here's your Smart Point recipe, not a meal I've ever made, it just doesn't float my boat.

Chilli Con Carne
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 10 mins ~ Cook time 45 mins ~ SmartPoints 12 per serving

Calorie controlled cooking spray
500g 5% fat extra lean beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
400g tin reduced sugar and salt baked beans
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
240g brown rice, cooked to pack instructions, to serve

Heat a large pan over a high heat and mist with cooking spray. Brown the mince for 10 mins, then drain off any excess fat.

Add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the chilli powder, cumin and oregano, then add the beans and tomatoes, along with 100ml water.

Bring to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins.

Season to taste and stir in half the coriander.  Serve with the cooked brown rice, garnished with the remaining coriander.

No comments: