Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 29 April 2016

Don't have to be an artist to be artistic!



29th April 2016
In order to succeed , we must first believe that we can.

I've got to say I've had enough of the crazy weather at the moment, I've just seen snow in a post on Facebook, you don't know whether to put your boots or shoes on, I'm going to start keeping both in the car!  I want to get my pretty summer flowers in the garden but being a fair weather gardener, I'm not going out there yet, plus the frosts won't do them any good, so can we all have a word with the universe please and request we get a decent bank holiday weekend for you all! 

I haven't had enough of weight loss success though and thankfully I keep witnessing it at my scales, I'm loving it!  Never tire of seeing those smiles and handing out those certificates.

I'd be lying if I said it's all smiles, it isn't, there are those that are struggling, that have lost their mojo for whatever reason, or they're fighting the lobster claws "what can I eat next" syndrome, this is when you need your meeting the most, to ride through that storm!  No one can be "On it!" all the time, stuff happens - life happens and that's all part of the journey, handing those times and coming out the other side.


Oh changing the subject I got my plate and vase back from Potsy Pamsy yesterday, love them, I'll never win any competitions but not bad for a first attempt at all, my letterings a bit wobbly but I don't think the bees too bad at all, and I absolutely love my vase, need to get me some flowers to fill it now.  We're going again Monday with the kids so I'm going to do a spoon holder for by the kettle and a toothbrush holder for in the bathroom, and they have these really cute pots that I'm tempted by too.  We shall see, but at least indoors the weather don't matter!  https://www.facebook.com/potsypamsy  She's also doing a Pottery and prosecco night - Museum of Cannock Chase event - what a fab idea, click
https://www.facebook.com/events/881021605340746/  to find out more!

My afternoon was full of systems and paperwork yesterday so I was so glad I'd made my lunch the day before ready and when I dropped AnnMaries plate off that she painted and she handed me a cheese and potato pie for my tea, I was made up, had it with curry beans for tea and oh my, just what the doctor ordered, it may have been 17sp on a plate but boy was it worth it, whatever the scales say today!

I'm thinking No Count today even if I am going out for lunch with my bestie, might have to opt for a bit of steak or maybe gammon, enjoyed the jacket I had last week so more than happy to have that again, yeah that sounds like a plan!

Right I'm off to do my paperwork and have me a cuppa.  Here's to a fantastic Friday BeYOUtiful, suns shining at the moment and here's a No Count recipe that's also though in Smart Points;

No Count Moussaka

Serves 4 ~ 3 Points ~ Prep time:30 min ~ Cook time:45 min

A light and healthy, but rich-tasting Greek-style dish, packed with No Count foods.

4 medium aubergine, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium onions, peeled and chopped roughly
4cloves garlic, chopped finely
200g extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
1teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2cans tinned tomatoes
112 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
6sprigs parsley, fresh, chopped
200g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
100g Quark
1teaspoons Smooth Mustard, French
1medium egg, whole, raw,
Pinch of salt and pepper to season

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C and lay the aubergine slices on baking trays. Season, spray with the cooking spray and bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and nearly dried out.

Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the meat and stir to break it up and brown all over.

Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, cinnamon, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until thick.

Meanwhile beat together the fromage frais, quark, mustard and egg in a small bowl.
In a large ovenproof dish, layer the aubergines with the mince mixture. Pour over the cheese sauce and bake for 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden.


No comments: