Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 April 2016

My girl did good :)



19th April 2016
It takes courage to grow up an become who you really are. E E Cummings

I tried my yam yesterday, had it mashed, it was alright, think I'd stick with good old fashioned spuds to be honest though, especially as it was quite expensive in comparison.  I also cooked some chicken with carrots and onions using the Baharat spice I'd had in my meeting, again it was okay but there was something missing, I needed a proper recipe to follow I think rather than just throwing it in.

However they'll be a lot of making the most of what I've got for at least a week because I had my car serviced and mot'd yesterday and it needed a bit of work, so it's emptied my purse till pay day, which is next Monday.  Luckily I have quite a few things to go at in the cupboards and freezer.  I've got some turkey mince I noticed yesterday and a couple of pieces of white fish in the that will swim away to fish heaven if not used soon!  I'm not sure how long stuff like that should be kept in the freezer but it's been there a long time...

I've got those grains I want to try using too.  I need to set aside cooking time, which I haven't really done since last Tuesday, been too busy getting all my meetings on the paperless system and helping my mates with their meetings.  Not forgetting the housework!  Two days I've had a bash, office Sunday, kitchen Monday - check me out!  I was without car yesterday wasn't I because of the MOT so housebound, which meant I had no excuse but to clean the kitchen.  We did sit down and do sod all for a couple of hours on the afternoon though.

Last night I had the pleasure of helping AnnMarie in her meeting as she went paperless, I survived being a passenger in her car - scary banana's that's all I'm saying!  The meeting was fab, she did brill and we got home after 9 because of a diversion and a crash, but we had a good giggle on the journey, the blind leading the blind literally!

This morning I found out this photo of AnnMarie, I was having a proud leader moment, as it's 3 years this month since she walked into my meeting;


She'd gone to join the dark side on the morning (the slimming club that shall not be named), then come and joined Weight Watchers on the night, apparently she went home and said to her other half "Yeah I like her, I'll be doing Weight Watchers!"  3 years on, we've become really good friends, thanks to me roping her into helping me with a few promotional events where we had time to get to know each other even more and now she's a leader too.
5 stone gone and still a true member as well as a leader, which is why her members are loving her, it was great to see her stood up the front doing her thing ;)

AnnMarie did it and so can you!  Never underestimate your strength when you want something enough.  It may not be an easy journey, heck hers wasn't, there may be some drama (yep she had her dramatic moments too!), but they'll also be many celebrations along the way!  And when you get to goal, all that will have been worth it and you can start the next part of your journey.  

Whatever your reason for joining, you never know where it may lead, AnnMarie joined because girls just wanna have fun, she ended up finding a new career, some new friends and a smile that rarely faulters.

What would you like to do?  Finish the sentence - I joined because....

Now let's have a great day BeYOUtiful.

Here's today's smart point recipe;

Leek and lentil pie
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 25 mins ~ Cook time 1 hour ~ SmartPoints 9 per serving

Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g carrots, diced
350g jar Weight Watchers Mozzarella & Rocket Pasta Sauce
400g tin green lentils,
drained and rinsed
80g frozen peas, defrosted
800g potatoes, peeled and diced
50g Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Grated
Mature Cheese

Mist a large pan with cooking spray and fry the leeks, stirring, for 5 mins until starting to soften.

Add the garlic and carrots, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then fry for a further 5 mins.

Stir in the pasta sauce, lentils and peas, and simmer for 10 mins until the vegetables are tender.

Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15 mins, then drain and mash.

Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Spoon the lentil mixture into a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Season the mashed potato with salt and freshly ground black pepper and spoon it over the lentil mixture.

Top with the cheese and bake for 35 mins.  When the cheese is melted and golden, divide the pie between 4 plates and serve straight away with some zero SmartPoints steamed green veg on the side, if you like.

No comments: