Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 April 2016

Happy to be here...

April 3rd 2016


Find your tribe - love them hard 

 
How great is it that I woke up to a message that reminded me I have a life I don't need to get away from!  I'd received an email and it had this line in it " it would do you good to take a break and have a holiday away from it all it's amazing how good you feel so relaxed and refreshed ..."  I smiled because I had a day in the middle of it all and I've just woke up feeling so relaxed and refreshed, it was one of those best days which wasn't expected.





I went to work on the morning, just love starting my weekend off surrounded by such an amazing gaggle of gals, they're awesome, they truly are a pleasure to be around and make going to work not work at all.  Then my helpers and I went for celebratory cake at the Hollybush, Tina achieved her goal last Saturday and that needed cake, although I opted for eggs benedict.  It was awful weather up to know but we didn't care because we were sat in the cafe having a good giggle. 

I was home just after noon thinking, I'll do my paperwork and just chill for the rest of the day, but as I got home, so did mom, she'd been for a walk with Alfie because she was bored and Alfie was a pain (her words not mine), so I said, "do you fancy going for a drive?" and that's what we did.  It had dried up a little, we were just going to drive round and enjoy the scenery, no walking miles were my orders!  So a round drive was had, past the Wrekin, through Bridgnorth, stopping at Wightwick manor to get our National Trust passport stamped (we went the other week but didn't have the pass then).   
Of course, whilst there it would be rude not to partake in a cake, and that's what mom did, the scones were a little dry she tells me, so Moseley Old Hall are still in the lead with best scones!  The sun came out as we sat in the courtyard drinking coffee and watching the world go by - just delightful.  Mom soon bored, we walked back to the car park past the amazing field of daffodils, there's no greater sight in spring, just perfect. 
Back home by four and I decided as the sun was still shining, I'd go sort my greenhouse out ready for using, so the two last plants that were being overwintered from the elements are now safely back in the garden (no more snow and frosts please) I've fixed up an extension lead from the shed, so I have power for my radio and my fairy lights, I also have solar lights that Nikita bought me and lots of signs to make me smile, gifted by others.  It's my little 'space' and I'm going to enjoy planting up and growing things throughout the year, I'll be able to stay outside even if it's raining.   
 Just one of the reasons I love my garden.

I sat getting the seeds from the pods of the sweet peas I collected from my plants last autumn and then planted them up into little pots, the remaining ones I've shoved in pots and the ground round the garden, they grow or they don't!   After speaking to Carol my helper on the drive back from the cafe, I've also decided I fancy growing peas in the pod, so I can sit in the garden eating them raw in the summer, nom nom.

Once I'd finished out there, I came in and cooked another Simply Cook scrumptious kit called Nyonya - delicious, a little high in Smart Points so I used low fat coconut milk and chicken breasts would lower it even more to about 10sp each because it also made enough for four meals. If you haven't already ordered one and you do  fancy a trial pack for £1 click my besties link to claim as she was the one who introduced me to them and I'm so glad she did! https://simplycook.mention-me.com/me/referee/registerko/2203867/13986670/c/94fda55924f4c07bb6a88d298e6f20048185e6d1/fb

The rest of our day was spent catching up with a bit of tv before enjoying a cracking nights sleep.  Yep that was my idea of a perfect day in a perfect life I have no desire to get away from.  How blessed am I!  Here's to many more days like this one, I hope you're enjoying your weekend too, make memories, sharing smile moments, my mom is so comical, and I record the funnies she make on Facebook because when they come up the year after on timehop, I immediately remember where we were and what we were doing, I really need a little notepad to start writing them in I think, then I can flick through it when I need a smile moment, yep, I'm going to find me a little pad today and start it.  Have a lovely Sunday BeYOUtiful. xx

Today's Smart Point recipe has been blogged before, however it's the meal I've cooked in my meetings all week and I was asked for the recipe;

This is the recipe I used in the meeting to make one big plate of food;


This is the recipe from my blog that I tweaked and adapted;
Chicken Chow Mein (14sp)

100g cooked chicken (1sp) Any will do, I used a Bernard Matthews pack because it was on offer.
1 tbsp oil (4sp)
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp chopped garlic (I used from a jar)
Pack noodles (8sp) (I used Sainsbury's ready for wok)
Bean sprouts (big handful)
1 onion (sliced) (I like bigger, milder onions)
pinch salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (1sp)

heat wok until hot and slightly smoky.
Add 1 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles.
Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute.
Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.

This is the original recipe on my blog;

Chicken Chow Mein
Serves 4, 8 Smart Points per serving (9pp)

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp oil
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic
240g dried egg noodles
Bean sprouts (1 handful)
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch. Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.

Make your own takeaway!  Recipes are all on my www.happyowls.co.uk website.

No comments: