Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 April 2016

Spent some time having fun


23rd April 2016

Opportunities multiply as they are seized. Sun Tzu

A lovely day yesterday, it did include a 1/2lb gain at the scales but hey ho, more than deserved, I started the day with scrambled eggs with spring onions on 2 crumpets, all free on No Count or 11 Smart Points.  After I'd done my running about, I met the ladies at the Hollybush to paint a plate at Posty Pamsy (can't recommend it enough - https://www.facebook.com/potsypamsy/) , lots of fun even if I'm not the most artistic person in the world, we all enjoyed it and had a giggle, I also had a go at painting a vase for my flowers, by then I'd got a little better at it, kept the pattern simple and I can't wait to buy a bunch of flowers next week to put in it.  A lovely way to spend a couple of hours, really enjoyed it.





We nipped upstairs to the cafe afterwards and I stayed on track and ordered a jacket potato with baked beans and a salad, I really enjoyed it, I won't lie I only ordered it because it was No Count, but I'd definitely order it again, I rarely have jacket potatoes.  So again that's free on No Count or about 8 Smart Points. 



Finished my afternoon off with a wonderful massage, I slept and snored through it all I'm sure, that poor Karen, has to hear me every week, but she is the one that puts me in the coma, so....



For tea I had some leftover chicken I wanted using and I accidently used white rice instead of brown which meant it wasn't No Count, I added mushrooms, sweetcorn and peas and mixed it all together, it was delicious and only 8 Smart Points, so still only 27sp spent on 3 meals, had the rice been brown, they'd have all been No Count. 



Anyone for a Saturday night Fakeaway;



Chicken Tikka Masala

Serves 4, 11sp total!  3sp per serving, or free on No Count.



Low calorie cooking spray

2 onions, finally chopped

1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped

30g root ginger, peeled and grated (or use out of a jar or frozen)

3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or use out of a jar or frozen)

2 tsp ground coriander

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp paprika

3 tsp tandoori masala spice mix (1sp)

1/2 tsp turmeric

150g passata

1 tbsp tomato puree

800g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces (8sp)

100g fat free natural yogurt (2sp)

Salt & freshly ground black pepper

1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander


Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calories cooking spray and placeover a medium heat.  Add the onions and pepper and cook for ten minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.


Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add all the spices, passata, tomato puree and 500ml of boiling water.  Bring to the boil over a high heat, then turn the heat to medium and cook for five minutes.



Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  If the sauces is too thick add boiling water to achieve the desired consistency.  Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yogurt.  Season to taste, top with the coriander and serve.



Use wholewheat rice as a side for No Count option or Smart Point as appropriate, maybe add some Pilau seasoning to add some flavouring.



I need to shop, and cook up some scrumptious No Count delights, mmm, but first to go to work, looking forward to my Saturday morning giggle with my meeting.



I've also got to dig a big hole in the front garden this weekend ready for my pay day treat, bought me a Magnolia tree yesterday, she's still only a small one but I'm hoping me and Mavis (yep that's what I've called her!) will grow old together and her beauty will increase year on year, just like ours does ;)



Here's to a super Saturday, feeling a wander round Sainsbury's with my credit card!  My sisters give me a £7.50 coupon, so it'd be rude not to!



Have a great day whatever your plans. xx

No comments: