Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 April 2016

Monday again!



18th April 2016
If you learn from defeat you really haven't lost.  Zig Ziglar


Had myself a bit of a sort out in my office yesterday, after my best mate pointed out I don't have to keep paperwork for more than a couple of years, I through  the out, then it spiralled and I finally got round to straightening up my bookshelves, got rid of a few things over there too.  The office is still a mess but at least you can see the floor and get in and out of the room without having to step over stuff.  I'm gonna do the desk tops today, couldn't bear to do anymore yesterday, it has to be the most mind numbing thing to do there is, I just don't like housework!  If only mom had fancied going out somewhere, I wouldn't have done it at all but she didn't fancy it so I had no excuse.

Finally made the peanut stew, it was alright, I wouldn't make it again, I've always believed peanut butter shouldn't be eaten any other way than straight out of the jar and as I did that a little too much this weekend, I actually think I'm over it, I've just thrown the jar in the bin, I don't care if it isn't empty.

Nothing that I've done this weekend has been weight loss friendly if I'm honest, so this morning, I plan to go and sort out a couple of recipes for this week.  I'm going to experiment with my yam today ;-) going to use the Baharat spice I had on my front table in the meetings last week, so looking forward to an hour in the kitchen.

If mom fancies a drive we'll find somewhere to go otherwise I can always find something to do, I have that course I signed up to, I can have a mooch at that.  Ooo just remembered I'm helping AnnMarie tonight at her meeting, so won't be going too far, get to play shop again :) woo hoo, I like that bit!  Glad I'm not getting weighed tonight, after this weekend just gone, it wouldn't be pretty!  I've had a good one though so it's all good.

However your weekend went, let's get back focused on the healthy, especially if like me the weekends been all about the happy!  Let's make it a good day...

You up for that BeYOUtiful - healthy and happy.

Here's your Smart Point recipe.

Meatball Bake
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 20 mins ~ Cook time 35 mins ~ SmartPoints 10 per serving

2 slices Weight Watchers Thick Sliced Wholemeal bread, blitzed into crumbs
3 tbsp skimmed milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Zest of ½ lemon
1 tsp fennel seeds
Pinch chilli flakes
500g extra-lean pork mince
Calorie controlled cooking spray
100g orzo pasta
125g light mozzarella
20g grated Parmesan

For the sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, each deseeded and sliced
300ml chicken stock, made with ½ stock cube
400g tin chopped tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Reserve 2 tbsp of the breadcrumbs and put the rest in a bowl with the milk, garlic, zest, fennel, chilli and mince. Season then combine.

Shape the mixture into 20 equal balls, put them in a baking dish and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, until browned.

Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mist a pan with cooking spray and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the
garlic, peppers, and half the stock. Season and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until soft.  Stir in the remaining stock
and the tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Cook the orzo to pack instructions and drain.

Add the orzo to the meatballs and pour over the sauce. Scatter over the cheese and the remaining breadcrumbs, and bake for 15 minutes, until golden.

No comments: