Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 April 2016

Love eating I do...



10th April 2016

You can, you should, and if you're brave enough to start, you will!
Morning and it's looking like a good one at the moment, therefore just in case we decide we want to go for a drive, I'm going to keep this brief so I can get a few hours of paperwork done before we go - I'm wading my way through it, it'll all be worth it in the end.  Just spent half hour updating recipes on my blog too, usually do it one each day but haven't this week - that'll teach me!

A good day yesterday, cracking meeting, lots of awesome results, lots of positivity and all leaving knowing they're going to do everything they can to make April awesome.  I'm doing the same, so for me yesterday was delicious as it always is when I'm on track, I make more effort with my eating when I'm on track.  For lunch I had leftover tuna curry with salad and a pitta bread, for dinner I had the simply cook Tandoori chicken again, I had a huge plateful with 5 drumsticks on and spicy flavoured bread (instead of wedges) for 17sp, loads of salad and a few fried onions, nom nom.


Not sure which I'll chose to do today, Malaysian Laksa, Spiced Butternut Squash Risotto or Char Siu BBQ Pork, but I'd have to get the pork for that - doh, got the pak choi ready but not the pork!  Fancy getting your first Simply Cook pack for a £1, use this link.
https://simplycook.mention-me.com/m/ol/kfb-beverley-longsden

Anyway, I said I'd keep this short and moms just got up so will want a cuppa and her drugs, so I'm gonna leave you there, how you feeling this morning?  Are you in a good place, are you on track, are you happy?  If you are - fantastic!  If you aren't, how do you change that, how do you find your happy and get yourself some smile moments?  Have a great day BeYOUtiful xx

What about cake?  I'm not a big cake eater but I do like a freshly baked muffin still warm, so I've just found this one on the Weight Watcher site, might be worth a shot for 5sp!

Raspberry and Banana Muffins

Serves 8, 5sp each

Whip up a batch of these light and fruity muffins.
Recipe taken from Anthony Worrell Thompson's cookbook The Sweet Life.

200g Plain White Flour (20sp)
2 teaspoons Baking powder
8 tablespoons Artificial sweetener, Granulated (such as Splenda)
100g Raspberries, frozen, briefly thawed
1medium Egg, whole, raw (2sp)
1teaspoons Vanilla Extract
50g Butter, melted (18sp)
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk (2sp)
1medium Banana(s), ripe, mashed

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place 8 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or use squares of greaseproof paper.

Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sweetener and raspberries.

Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients with the mashed banana until just combined. Avoid overmixing and do not beat. The mixture will be quite lumpy, but there should not be any traces of dry flour. Spoon into the paper cases.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: