Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 April 2016

I think the words content...



25th April 2016
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. Marilyn Munroe


What a lovely day we had yesterday, took ourselves to Croome for a good walk and it was perfect, the views were stunning, the weather was dry and the tea was strong.  Alfie had me running with him through the fields whilst mom laughed at us and when he finally stopped we continued our walk enjoying the bluebells, cowslips and other wildflowers, just a delightful place.

I stuck with No Count for another day, had egg, bacon medallions and tomatoes on crumpets, I'd forgot to buy mushrooms, and I've just remembered I have frozen I could've used - DOH!  I had beef hotpot with asparagus when we got back from our drive, then later on I had a chicken salad sandwich, made a sauces by mixing natural yogurt with a bit of tomato puree and garlic sea salt - it did the trick.  I'll have my curry today and I've done overnight oats, need to be organised because I've got a busy day, car needs taking to mechanic as there's a light showing on the dashboard, I've got my pay day pressie to myself being delivered, so I have to dig a big hole in the front garden for my Magnolia Tree, I need to get a spade first, mine appears to have gone walkabouts.  Then tonight I'm off to help AnnMarie with her meeting again.

I'm looking forward to a busy week, hopefully some midday sunshine so I can have an hour in the garden each day as I won't need to cook because I've mostly got meals ready, followed by another awesome weekend, love my life I do, mom and me are having fun and lots of giggles.

Here's a No Count recipe for those of you having a go this week, remember it's not compulsory - it's just another choice that's part of an amazing  plan!

No Count quick chicken cacciatore with rice

Prep time:10 min  ~ Cook time:30 min ~ Serves:2

If you're counting, one portion is 6 SmartPoints per serving.

This Italian-inspired recipe is full of flavour and great for all the family.
 
80gBrown Rice, dry
4spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
6medium Spring Onions, chopped
1medium Red pepper(s), halved, de-seeded and sliced
1medium Yellow Pepper, halved, de-seeded and sliced
300g Chicken breast, skinless, raw
350g Passata
12  Vegetable stock cube(s), or chicken, make up to 150ml with hot water
1medium Courgette, sliced
1 handful Spinach
 
Cook the rice according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, mist a frying pan with cooking spray and fry the spring onions and peppers over a medium heat for 5 mins. Add the chicken, spray again and cook, turning the chicken once, for 5 mins or until golden.

Stir in the passata and stock, cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 mins. Stir in the courgette and simmer for 2 mins. Stir through the spinach, divide between 2 plates and serve with the rice.

 Here's to a marvelous Monday!

No comments: