Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 1 April 2016

Happy Fools Day - no jokes here!



1st April 2016
A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be.
Yesterday was just a bit busy!  I seriously didn't stop for 12 hours solid, actually I lie I did stop long enough to put my dinner in the oven and then for 15 minutes to eat it and WOW, what a taste sensation, BBQ Tandoori Chicken with spicy sweet potato wedges, another Simply Cook kit, the kit itself was 3 Smart Points, then I pointed the ingredients separately, I like that because it meals I don't have to point the whole meal which would include zero vegetables used in some of kits, it also means I can tweak the ingredients to bring the points down, so use breast meat instead of thigh, less oil, that kind of thing.  I don't usually eat sweet potato and only did because of the kit, I'm so glad as I really enjoyed them and I've never been able to make a decent Tandoori that tasted anything like the real deal, but this one did, I left it marinating all morning.  I also used more chicken pieces than the kit said, so got more value for my money as can have a sandwich with the leftovers.

I'm hoping it's going to save me money as I'll only shop for the ingredients on the recipe shopping lists rather than walking randomly round the shop looking for meal ideas.

If you do fancy trying a pack for a £1, use this link.
https://simplycook.mention-me.com/m/ol/kfb-beverley-longsden

Oh this was what my dinner looked like;


The rest of the day was filled with my wonderful meetings, we had more cooking demo's, that was the fun bit, then some paperwork which wouldn't balance - not so fun and made my brain hurt in the end!  It'll all be worth it in the end - I've heard that before!

Yep, it will all be worth it in the end, a bit like following a weight loss plan, it might not always be fun, it might sometimes feel unfair but when you see those results, all those other feelings disappear to be replaced with that feeling of "YES!"

I won't be saying "YES!" at the scales this morning though, I've not been the best, it was Easter after all and my brother bought me Bailey's AGAIN.... Even though I've told him not too, I know I should be strong, etc, etc, but I wasn't.  So we'll take whatever the scales say.  On a positive, I haven't touched my Easter egg, and the Hazelnut Lindt bunny I received, I shared with all my members last night, I can live without that in my life, it's nicer without the hazelnuts in.

I'm going to pick a few more of the recipes today from my kits, go fetch the ingredients and that'll be our eating for the weekend sorted.  I'm thinking Nyonya because my bestie said it was delicious and she recommended the Vietnamese pork too, then I also like the look of the Lebanese Lamb with aubergine pilaf.  Fancy ay I!  It saves me thinking and looking through all my cook books, which when I'm as busy as I have been this week, I'm glad.

Right here's to a good day BeYOUtiful, my line will be drawn at the scales this morning, I'm going to Smart Point all the kits today and then I'll be able to track properly again as all the temptation has disappeared.

Here's your Smart Point recipe for today;

Chicken Chatt

3 Smart Points total

1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon olive oil (1sp)
1/2 teaspoon salt
250 g chicken breast, uncooked, skinless, cut into chunks (2sp)
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh coriander

Crush garlic clove into a bowl and add a tsp of salt. Mix together until they form a pulp. Heat oil in non stick frying pan. Add garlic & fry for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add chicken chunks to the pan and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until sealed and lightly coloured. Sprinkle on ground coriander, turmeric and chilli powder & stir fry for a further 3-4mins. Remove from the heat and sprinkle on lemon juice and chopped coriander. Serve with brown rice and some steamed green beans & broccoli.

No comments: