Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 5 May 2014

Who's up for the challenge - what shall we cook today?



5th May 2014
"Love yourself... enough to take the actions required for your happiness… enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past... enough to set a high standard for relationships... enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner... enough to forgive yourself... enough to move on..." - Steve Maraboli

I’ve had the most relaxing weekend I’ve had in a very long time, I’ve got a few things done but mostly I’ve done not a lot, oh I did work my way through the entire first series of 24, it was good but felt more like 24 days not hours, long and drawn out I felt, could have been put into less episodes for sure, although I am a huge Keifer fan, 24 episodes was enough to make me glad to get to the end!

Well one week into our 8 week challenge and I’ve lost 1lb, 3.5lb down and 4lb from achieving the first goal on my “Simply Stunning for Summer” challenge!   I’ve also managed to get through a calendar month without a gain, that’s the first time this year which is the real result for me! 

This week’s challenge from Weight Watchers is to try 3 new recipes, mmm need to go searching for inspiration I thinks, get the cook books out, although I did try a new recipe of sorts yesterday, it didn’t work so well again, tried adding peanut butter to my rock cakes and used wholemeal flour too as that was all I had, they were edible but they were quite dense too, taking after their name!

I need to find easy recipes as I haven’t got my ‘cooking’ head on, well I haven’t had, maybe it might come back today if I get in the kitchen.  I’ve defrosted some salmon so will look for something to do with that, one of my members suggested this F&H recipe;

Chilli salmon,

1tsp of tom puree
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp of dried mixed herbs
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1/2 tsp of oil
1 tsp of splenda
2 slices of WW brown bread

mix tom puree, garlic, chilli powder, mixed herbs and oil and spread onto salmon fillets then sprinkle with bread crumbs made from ww brown bread and bake untill salmon is cooked, alternatively use cod or haddock and leave chilli powder out and add splenda to mixture and parmesan cheese to bread crumbs for a sweeter taste, serve with home made actifry wedges and salad

I’m not usually a chilli fan and the idea of chilli or curry and fish I’m not sure, but she recommends it so maybe you’d like to try it.

I was also given this recipe yesterday for F&H Egg Custard which I’m curious to try;

F&H Egg Custard 
 
1 Weight Watcher wrap
3 egg yokes
250ml skimmed milk
Nutmeg
Splenda I put 1/2 table spoon but do to taste
Put wrap in a tin that it just comes up the sides
Mix egg yokes, milk and Splenda together mix then add on top off wrap sprinkle nutmeg on and cook for 15mins on 180 electric not sure on gas then let cool.

I need to get me some Splenda I think!   

We all have favourite recipes don’t we, one of mine would definitely be Corned Beef Hash http://www.happyowls.co.uk/hash1.html  (just wished it was filling and healthy!)  I also love Nigellas 40 cloves of garlic chicken, although it isn’t low in PP http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/lifes-too-short-to-starve.html it is to die for!   

But today I shall look for a new recipe!  If you haven’t ever tried Strawberry balsamic salad, there’s a recipe in June’s copy of Weight Watchers magazine – delicious!  OH fantastic just looking through and there’s a section of cooking with salmon, might do the lemon marinated salmon with couscous as I’ve got those ingredients, although the teriyaki-glazed salmon looks lush too, not sure I have the sauce will check.  
Right I’ve started to ramble, I do that when the subject turns to food, I’m off to plan some meals for the week I think as that’s when I have the most success staying on track, when it’s planned.  Its when I also don’t spend so much in supermarkets!  First stop the freezer….

Have a great day BeYOUtiful and always Eat Gorgeous. xx

No comments: