Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 30 May 2014

Enjoyin going at a snails pace this morning ;)



30th May 2014
Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for.” – Maya Angelou


Eight and half hours sleep, I needed that!  just been up the garden whilst waiting for my kettle to boil and spotted a bit fat cheeky slug enjoying his breakfast on my petunias, they’ve already eaten one trough full, I watched him for a little while, then left him to it – it’s only by luck of birth I’m a human and he’s a slug I guess and we’ve all got to eat, so he can finish that plant, there’s plenty of others in my garden.

Today’s all about getting through the work I have to do so I can chill out later, felt drained this week, tis great being a woman with a cycle and I don’t mean the ones with two wheels! But I’ll be right after I recharge my batteries, a few early nights and some good nutritious food.  Planning a nice Chicken Pasanda for Dinner with brown rice, that’s what my meal plan tells me anyway ;) I might sit later and have a look at planning next week’s whilst I read my new Weight Watcher magazine, then I can order my shopping online again.

I’ve gone straight for a cup of tea this morning, the water can wait and it’s the best cuppa ever and no I’m not exaggerating ;) at all!  Who knows it may be a magic cuppa and it’ll restore my energy and I’ll get more stuff done than anticipated, although I can’t see me leaving my office before early afternoon, that’s a high to do pile!

I started listening to a book a few weeks ago called the chimp paradox and I just couldn’t get into it at all, then a Facebook friend posted that she’d bought it and I thought I’d give it a go, I’m so glad I did because just one page really reinforced something I’d already been thinking this week, it was about saying NO and this is a little piece taken from the book;

Can’t say ‘NO’?
What do you believe saying ‘no’ to someone will imply about you?
What are the consequences of you saying ‘no’ to someone?
e.g. if I say no then this implies I’m selfish and the consequences are that I will be seen as lazy!

·         Saying NO is the appropriate response of an adult who is respecting his or her own exhaustibility or boundaries.
·         Saying NO is a powerful thing to do by a balanced person.
·         People who are realistic will accept being turned down and appreciate that you have the right to say ‘no’.
·         People respect those who can say ‘no’.

Mmm do you need to say no a little more often maybe, I know I do, and I intend to.

If you fancy reading more the books written by Dr Steve Peters, I haven’t finished it yet but I will.

Right I’m off to start my day so I can get to the good bit quicker, have a great one, my cuppas perked me up already – bring in on ay BeYOUtiful!


No comments: