Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 24 April 2019

"You can't keep using your mom as an excuse"

Wednesday 24th April 2019
Stop burying your potential under your excuses.


Now and again a sentence hits me like a blow, a good smack in the guts comment, yesterday it was
"Yeah Bev but you can't keep using your mom as an excuse".  I can always rely on me Julie to be brutal in her delivery but leave me with a comment that makes me think!

The truth is, I can keep using my mom as an excuse if I want to but eat the same time, I don't want to all the time.  On good days I want to eat healthy, lose weight and on bad mom days when I feel trapped like last Friday when she wouldn't even go up the garden and we sat in the living room with the curtains closed and the heating on, it was like being in a hot prison, on those days I'm seeking pleasure of some kind and I find it in food/wine.

It's part of being human, we're pleasure seekers, if we're in pain we do whatever it takes to move away from it as quickly as possible.

The moment you move away from that pain, whether it's physical or emotional  your brain will record that because you've moved away from pain.  Now our brains are clever things and they lock down that behaviour, record that action and remember that this action worked in the past so it'll work again!

The ease we get from food becomes a habit, but the truth is it doesn't always need to be food, it's just for most people I know through WW it has become that way, eating is one of the easiest ways to sooth our pain and if you stop for a moment to think, it starts in childhood, we cry, we're fed, we fall over, we get a sweet, we fall out with our boyfriend, he buys us chocolate, we have a bad day at work, we treat ourselves on the way home and on it goes.  It becomes so automatic we don't even realise we're doing it and if we are trying to lose weight and this happens, we'll most likely find ourself berating ourselves afterwards, we know better why did we do it, how stupid was I, how lazy, unmotivated blah blah blah on and on goes that voice in our heads!

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING - WHY AREN'T YOU!

Yeah that argument rages in your head, but the truth is in that moment, the feelings and emotion and the pleasure you're getting from that food is stronger than your common sense and intelligence.   Our feelings are driving our actions not our thoughts, we're emotional beings and we're eating to create pleasure and move the pain away.

I could go on, but I won't instead I'll say we need to start finding ways to handle these feelings long term that make us less likely to go for the instant, quick fix food solution.

Start recognising those feelings, feeling them and letting yourself work through them. Find a way to help you work through it, that may be getting away from a situation and going for a walk, doing some meditation, finding something to make you laugh, exercise, crafting anything that distracts you.

After Julie said that to me last night, I came home and chose better for my tea, which meant I ended my day way lower points than I could've done, I can definitely recommend this;

only 7SP and delicious.

I had these for my lunch

12SP total and notice I added carrots to help me with my 5 a day ;)

So today, do you fancy joining me to be stronger than your excuses, remember you only fail when you stop trying.  Are you brave enough for...

No more ''I'll do it tomorrow"
No more "Buts"
No more "I can't"
No more "It's too hard"
No more "I'm too tired"
No more "Waiting for it to get easier"
No more 'Putting it off'
No more "I don't have enough money"
No more "I'm not good enough"
No more "I would if I...."

Today will be a day of I CAN DO THIS!

Because the more good days you have, as you start to see the results of those days and lose some weight, the pleasure you get from the benefits of that weight loss will outweigh the pain you're getting from other things.

Yeah, let's have a very, very great day WE CAN DO THIS!


No comments: