Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 6 April 2019

Easy Carbonara anyone?

Saturday 6th April
Everyday is a fresh start, DOn't quIT!



Well what a difference a week makes, last Friday I walked to my massage it was such a lovely morning, this Friday I barely wanted to walk the dog, it was so cold and wet!  We need some sunshine please. 

I started my day with a sausage sarnie again, this time Penn Road Butchers Honey Chicken Breast ones, oh my, they're my favourite so far, I will most definitely be having them again. 

I finally decided on my next crochet project, I'm going to tackle Sophies Universe, this of course will be my pre wine project, I've got a much easier granny blanket going on post wine.  I enjoyed a couple of hours getting it started and I'm so glad I treated myself to enough dusty pink aran from Aldi to complete it all in one colour, it'll match my bedroom lovely and make it pretty.
 Rows 1-12 for anyone that's interested

I chose this project  it has both written instructions (http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/sophies-universe-cal-2015/sophies-universe-cal-2015-information/) and youtube videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_o7ZGN5qwI&list=PLCZnKEb9VzY0g_D0L_hc3U_1OTY2IOKpZ) to go with it, there's also a book available (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/949184010X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from Amazon that's on it's way.  When you think of all the work that was put into designing this pattern, they deserve to sell the book! 

I asked in my group last night what everyone had on their menu, oh my, my members are truly eating well!   It's made me want to get my cook on, and here's a recipe from the new Cook from WW that I really do fancy and I have everything other than the bacon and rocket, but I could pick that up.

EASY CARBONARA
This simple pasta dish is an all-time Italian classic.
Serves 4
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 nubs
Smart Points 8

INGREDIENTS
1 onion, finely chopped
100g bacon medallions, cut into 1cm chunks
240g spaghetti
3 egg yolks, beaten
40g Parmesan, finely grated

FROM THE STORECUPBOARD
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
Freshly ground black pepper

TO SERVE (optional)
Rocket

METHOD
1 Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick. Gently crush the garlic cloves with the back of a spoon, then add them to the pan along with the bacon. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the bacon is golden. Remove and discard the garlic cloves.

2 Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water, and return to the pan.

3 Add the bacon and onion mixture, the egg yolks and Parmesan to the pasta and stir to combine, allowing the heat from the pasta to cook the egg and form a sauce. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce so it coats the spaghetti. Season to taste, then serve sprinkled with more freshly ground black pepper.

But before I can get round to that, I have a wonderful morning to look forward to with my Saturday gang, I'm thinking eggs for breakfast before I go there though.

Here's to surviving the weekend, hoping for the rain to go away to give us some walking weather. 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)

   ""

No comments: