Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 April 2019

The plan works if you do!

Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Life is like a book, some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting.  But if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter holds. 



Well how good is it that in addition to being voted the best diet for the 9th year running, WW have now been named official provider of the Healthier You: NHS England Diabetes Prevention Programme.  NHS England programme to support at least 200,000 people annually by 2023 as part of world’s largest programme for the prevention of type 2 diabetes

This means Healthier You participants will receive access to WW’s clinically-proven and award-winning programme, tailored to help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.  Brilliant news and I look forward to finding out more about this soon!  
It's true though, we've talked about it in workshops the last week or so, how easy the plan is to tailor to your own needs.  If weight loss is important to you, then WW makes it do able and liveable.  You have of course got to make changes, you don't just walk in the room and ta-dah it magically melts the fat off!  We ain't that good.  
I remember the first time I joined Weight Watchers, I'm sure it was 1988, I was 18, it wasn't this easy back then, if you wanted to know the points in something, you looked in a book, not on your phone.  If you wanted to talk to your leader or fellow members, you had to wait a week for the next meeting, now you have 24/7 access thanks to Connect on the app and Facebook.  
Have we made it too easy? 
Nah, because life still has the same problems being thrown at us.  Hell it was easier when I was 18, because back then losing weight was the only thing I had to focus on, I had no stress or worries, my biggest worry in my head was probably "will he call?"  Oh for such simplicity now.
I finally had my cod in butter sauce, this hit the spot for under a quid and 6SP, fish is one of my favourite foods but it's not cheap is it, so being able to pick a pack of 4 up for £2 in the Co-op last week was a bonus.  No there wasn't enough of the cod there but the truth is, that's a portion and it's eating too large a portion that's caused the weight gain.  

The brain needs retraining or reminding of what a portion should look like. 
Not sure what I'm eating today, I fancy pasta and I've got the new Penn Road Butchers Nuno Bangers to try, he's doing them in Pork or Chicken.  My sister made me some Chicken chill fry which I've frozen for a day I'm feeling like something a bit hot!  She obviously forgot I'm a lightweight in the warmth stakes.  It's a quick and easy meal for low points though.
Chicken Chilli Fry 
Serves 1

1 or 2 Chicken breast 
1 onion sliced
100g tomato puree (3sp)
2 heaped tsp curry powder
1 heaped tsp chilli powder
1 heaped tsp garam masala
1 beef oxo

Brown onion in spray oil. Set aside. Cook chicken in spray oil. Set aside. Combine tomato puree, curry, chilli, garam masala & oxo in a pan with half a pint of water. Bring to a simmer stirring all the time. Add chicken & onions and cook through.

Right that's me off to get my day started, remember the plan works if you do!  Have a very great day, 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""

No comments: