Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 April 2019

It's a good life really x

Saturday 13th April 2019
Everyday is a new beginning, take a deep breath, smile and start again. 


Yesterday was mostly a very, great day, mom started off talkative which is a good sign, she told me about when she went to church school -yes I've heard it before and actually I heard it 3 or 4 times in the space of an hour yesterday morning, but it's just good to hear her happy and distracted.  Oh and her reciting the Greek alphabet to me - yeah she can still do that, although she couldn't remember the last couple of letters, so I printed them out for her, which meant I got to listen to her reciting the Greek Alphabet continually ;) but that's still better than her saying nasty stuff lol.


Then I went and had my massage which was lovely, me and Charlotte shed a few tears together talking about my mom and her grandad, he was 95 and she will miss him but turned out he'd been feeding a stray cat and whilst her mom was clearing out things from his house, this cat appeared and started giving birth!  I'd say that was her grandad's last joke on them, but here it is now with it's 3 kittens, and thankfully because there are so many good people out there doing good things, they have been rescued by https://www.facebook.com/tracycatskitty/ 
Now I know I'm always asking you for money but spare a pound, Charlotte's mom were dealing with enough having lost their dad/grandad without having to work out what to do with these little balls of fluff, but thanks to Facebook the problem was taken away from them.   Here's an easy way to donate, or give me the quid and I'll do one transfer. 


After my incredible massage, I will confess to going home via the chippy, I'm trying to encourage mom to eat some good food and she was tempted by roe and chips, I stupidly said large chips thinking we'd share the one bag, oh my days, that was so too many, I weighed them, 

They work out to roughly 70 Smart Points of chips and there was plenty in there for easily 4 or 6 people especially if you were having something else with them.  

And I know I'm watching my weight but I hate waste so I googled leftover chips and found this recipe that actually sounds good, I know it's not low in points but if you've got kids or someone who isn't trying to lose weight, it'd certainly fill them up.  Not everything we eat has to be low in SmartPoints, at least the eggs are zero, the cheese can be half fat or protein cheese, the bacon medallions, it can be made healthier. 

Leftover chip pie.
A great way to use left over chips from a fish and chip dinner.

Ingredients
Leftover chips
4 egg beaten
1 cup cheese grated
1/2 cup bacon rashers diced
1/2 cup onion diced
2 tsp chives chopped

Method
Place cold chips in a pie dish. Lightly fry the bacon bits and onion until cooked. 
Add to beaten egg with cheese and chopped chives. Pour mixture over chips in pie dish and sprinkle with extra grated cheese. 
Bake at 180C for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. 

NOTES
When I first made this it was just chips, eggs and cheese. Adding other ingredients such as left over vegetables from dinner also makes it tasty, very nice cold at a picnic on a hot day.

I then enjoyed the movie Christopher Robin, I simply adore Winnie the pooh and they made this movie so Poohish it was awesome, if you haven't read the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, I recommend it, I read it before having ever read any Winnie the Pooh books, now I see a depth to them that I would've missed as a child.  Pooh is who I aspire to be like, he really is, he has a great attitude to living. 

Doing nothing often leads to the very best something! 

So I spent my rest of the day after the dog walks, watching tv with mom, she enjoyed that song show on BBC1 where they sing to 100, the finals tonight and whilst doing that I was continuing this, I'm absolutely loving this project, it's going to be a very large blanket when finished that will lie on my bed and look pretty as it's never cold enough in this house for a blanket! 


And now it's Saturday and I get to go and catch up with my lovely members, then a weekend of crochet, tv and walking, not a bad life really is it.  

What I also did yesterday was have a conversation with a very, special lady that reminded me that often when life is throwing all its crap our way and we're struggling with something, we tend to start to go off track with our eating and get close to giving up but that's when we need to start focused more because we need to be taking care of ourselves.  When life's easy, weight loss is easy, when life's hard, well you know the rest.  But blaming our diet is a way of distracting ourselves from the real issues at hand doesn't it.  Well today is a new day so let's forget yesterday and focus on what's ahead, hopefully a very, very great day. 

As someone once said to me, as long as you wake up above ground, it's a good day! 

Mwah, 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)

   ""

No comments: