Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Stop rushing to get to the end x

Tuesday 9th April 2019
May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten.
Not quitting is most important when it comes to your weight loss journey because every day is different, some days will be easier than others and as long as we do our best, it's all good.

One of my members tagged me in her post last night, two photos a year about and 4st 4lb lost, she joined determined that she would lose weight after being diagnosed borderline diabetic and she did.  A little determination goes a long way.

Patience is another quality that'll help, it's not going to happen overnight, it takes time so you need to stick with it.  

I realised yesterday that since I've started crocheting my attitude to it has changed.  When I first started learning, I was all about how fast I could get a project finished, a bit like when we start a weight loss journey, we're all about how fast we can get it off! 

Now though, I'm enjoying the process as much as the finished result, I'm learning new stitches and techniques with my latest project and taking my time with it because there's a great deal of satisfaction with every round I complete.  I'm appreciating the fact that it's helping me improve my concentration and also my memory seems to be working a little better.  When I first started I couldn't keep a count of stitches so got frustrated with that kind of work, now I can.
Every time I finish and master a round, I feel an inner sense of pride and my face lights up with a big bursting smile as I say to my mom, "look what I did so far" and she smiles back and says, "It's brilliant Bev, you're very clever".  And I love that connection we make as mother and daughter as she tells me how her mom was incredible at crochet but she could never get to grips with it.  Yeah it's the same story but hey, it don't matter, it's the first time she's told it to me in her world. 


So just as with everything it isn't just about getting to the end of something it's enjoying the journey, imagine how silly it would be for us just to look forward to getting to the end of everything we start? We'd be racing towards death really wouldn't we!

I really enjoyed my dinner yesterday, used up all the leftover spuds from my roast the day before and the leftover veg and made the most epic corned beef hash. 


It really was delicious, just a bit of spray light in the pan, warmed through the spuds and carrots and added a can of diced corned beef (22SP) and fried till all warm, sorted no recipe required but if you do want one http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/CornedBeefHash.html although I think it's only 11SP now as Eggs are a zero hero.

I've got mushroom risotto to look forward to today, been fancying a risotto for weeks and they were on offer 2 for £4 in the Tesco garage at the weekend, sorted 12SP I think from memory so not bad for my main meal of the day.  I know I could've made my own, maybe next time especially as there's a recipe on the WW app for it. 

Anyway, it's Tuesday, I'm ready for my day, well I will be once I've showered and dressed and done all those morning things that have to be done but first another glass of water.

Here's to having a very, great day 


Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""




No comments: