Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 January 2014

#SimpleStart - delicious food & weight loss!



Tuesday 7th January 2013

If you don’t make peace with your past, it will keep showing up in your present.

Over half way through my Simple Start week, day 5 starts today and I’ve found it much easier than I expected,  especially considering the overindulging I did over Christmas and the stress I’ve had thrown at me since! 

Yesterday was another EatGorgeous day, here’s what I had;
Breakfast
2 crumpets with marmite, dry fried egg & fried mushrooms using 1tsp oil

Dinner
rainbow trout, roasted veg (using 1tsp oil) & mash

Tea
Warburton thin with tuna & balsamic vinegar, leftover roast veg, lettuce, cucumber & apple

Sweet
Banana, 0% Greek yogurt & vanilla

I wasn’t really that hungry at tea time after my delicious dinner so I kept it light, then an hour later fancied something else so had my banana with yogurt.

I’m really not obsessing nor thinking about food constantly this week which is unusual for a first week back on track, I think it’s partly because I know if I want something I can have something and also because I know there’s only good food in my house to eat therefore I can’t be tempted by the junk.

I know I already eat pretty healthy and tend to limit the junk anyway, anyone who knows me knows my vice is wine, however after seeing everything that’s happened to mom over the last few weeks and it hasn’t just started, she’s had stomach problems for years, initially bought on by her eating habits, when we were kids she’d always got a Rennie in her mouth!  My dad was, well let’s not go there, but let’s just say her life wasn’t easy, she had 5 kids and no support, so she ate for comfort I guess and she overate of course, she would have been about 18 stone at her heaviest.  The doctors told her then she needed to lose weight and she did but by then a lot of the damage had already been done!  I’m going to do everything I can from now to ensure I give my body every chance of good health.

Moderation is the key and to ensure I do that, I won’t have the stuff in the house unless it’s a planned treat which I will fetch at that time.  I’m not testing my willpower!  As easy as I’m finding staying on track this week, I know that’s not my norm, I know that’s not my forever reality and that’s not me being negative, that’s me being realistic!

First day back in my meetings today and I can’t wait to see everyone and share Simple Start with everyone, it’s fantastic to know I’m going to lose weight without thinking about it all too much.

Right I’m off, I think I’ve got everything I need for my meetings, but I’ll just go check one more time :-)

Have a truly tremendous Tuesday, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. Xx

No comments: