Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 4 January 2014

Am I thin yet?!



4th January 2013
How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success.Elbert Hubbard
 

Well I’ve not long woke up, 7.45am, and I was in bed for 9pm so I’ve finally had a decent night’s sleep.  Went downstairs to be greeted by something resembling Jack Nicholson from the Shining trying to be Santa, scary sight, then I realised it was my brother Terry and I wasn’t in a Stephen King novel.
Yesterday was a good day despite everything, mom laughed and smiled finally, she may be poorly but her moods lifted, so that’s a positive.  All my siblings popped round at some time during the day which was brilliant because I can’t remember the last time that happened.   I’ve given the Shining’s version of Santa a long list of jobs for him to get done over the weekend (no resting in my house) and I even got through Day 1 of Simple Start!

I ate really well yesterday, for breakfast I went with a 3 egg omelette with pepper, spring onion and tomato as that was all that was in the kitchen until I could get to the shops.  For lunch I had a tuna salad Warburton thin, I got peckish a few hours later so had a ham and lettuce thin.  Then we all had chicken casserole for tea (except mom, she had a slice of eggy bread), even Alfie got some chicken.  I’d been to the supermarket on the morning and stocked up with my list which meant I actually didn’t need to walk down at least 8 aisles saving me a few pounds.  Then I spent an hour in the kitchen cooking.  The day honestly seemed to whizz by in a blur!

Today the boiler man is coming to hopefully fix the heating and hot water; I went to bed with a hot water bottle last night, I’ve never been so glad to have a spare one.  It’s been a long time since we’ve not had central heating and I pity anyone who hasn’t got it or that can’t afford to have it on with the price increases in energy!

Day 2 Simple Start has just begun, I have everything in the cupboards to succeed and none of the stuff that would knock my success has been purchased so I can’t be tempted.  I can resist the 40 bottles of red wine under the stairs, I did yesterday and I’ve threatened my brother not to touch my good stuff or I’ll resemble something out of The Shining!  

We’re having Chicken Stew and Rice today, yes chicken two days on the trot but I’d defrosted it so it has to be cooked and eaten, can’t be wasting food, plus it’s easier to do that when I have visitors than something more delicate, it won’t matter when they want to eat if they can just warm it up, I like to eat early, Terry eats later so this way we’re all sorted.

Feeling good this morning like I can handle anything, funnily enough I have been doing for the last week!  Can’t believe it’s only been a week since mom first took poorly, seems like longer, however she’s better in herself which is what’s important, she’s still has pain in her chest but it’s not as bad as it was hopefully, although she tends to downplay pain, she didn’t tell me how bad it was the day before we went to hospital – apparently a 9½/10 – I’d have been crying with that pain!

Right now to start my day, breakfast first and another cuppa tea, just realised it’s Saturday too, so YAY it’s the weekend.

Remember Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful because you’re an original bundle of awesomeness, no one else on this earth like you – WOW what a thought. xx


No comments: