Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 11 January 2014

Simple Start really is Simple & for me Delicious!



11th January 2014
Put yourself first. You can't be anything for anybody else unless you take care of yourself.

I’ve only just surfaced, over ten hours sleep = recharged after a extremely busy week, 52 hours I’ve worked so far and I haven’t finished yet!  You’ve got to love January so much to do so little time.  However this year I’ve managed to not let my diet go to pot, instead I’m on track and feeling good about it.  


Yesterday I had me a big breakfast because I knew I’d get tempted standing in a supermarket for a few hours, I had 2 eggs, 2 warburton brown thins, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach – absolutely delicious and it kept me going until gone one when I got back home.  I stayed for 3 hours in Asda and it was lovely to see so many familiar faces and have a natter.

Lunch was simple roast beef and stilton toastie (using 2pp of my weeklies – you get them back week 2 on Simple Start) and then for tea I had smoked haddock (cooked in microwave), brown rice and I experimented with my Actifry,  took the paddle out and did roasted corn on the cob, asparagus, pepper and onion.  It worked, the corn took about ten minutes as did the onions then the other veg about 5 minutes.  

I need to do my next meal plan, I didn’t have time yesterday and I also have food left from last weeks plan/list because I didn’t cook exactly as the list said for one reason and another, so I will sit when I’ve finished this blog and plan this weeks, there’s a few things in the new WW Filling & Healthy cook book that will be ideal for simple start and also delicious of course at any time, mmm mini chicken, spinach and cottage cheese frittatas sounds lush and I really fancy the home-made chip shop chips with curry sauce, the sauce sounds great!  I love eggs Benedict so I think I’ll have a go at that recipe also and fancy trying Yellow Split Pea and Ham Soup.  I’m tempted to do the all-in-one roast chicken with garlic sauce and use my Actifry, mmm I wonder if it would work the same.  I never got rounds to the chicken stew and rice, so have half the ingredients already for that.  Oh my just flicking through it there are so many tasty dishes – roasted salmon fillets with bacon, peas, potatoes and mint OR souvlaki pork with Kisir – NOM NOM!  Oh and classic burger with a twist, I could just eat a burger!  Braising steak with onions and mushrooms, perfect as I bought some reduced Wednesday in Co-op, do love a bargain I do!  I’ll stop now, it’s making me hungry and I’m only half way through!  Need to eat breakfast before food planning I think.

Today is paperwork/housework day – isn’t it fun being a grown up!  NOT! 
Oh I forgot to share the best bit of yesterday, I had wine for the first time since New Year’s day, and it was divine, 3 x 125ml glasses of luxuriance in a glass that was savoured, one drank with my Dinner and the other two throughout the evening, I did feel like I was treating myself for sure.  I’d had a lovely massage late afternoon thanks to my gorgeous friend Vicky, she treated me as she felt helpless that she couldn’t help me with everything that was happening over New Year in Wales with my mom – how amazing is she and how lovely was that.  I have the best friends in the world, I’m truly blessed and love them dearly.

One last thing, here’s a good short video from WW about making Friday night Simple Start food, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haRjY5qDUSY couple of really tasty recipes, one might make my meal planner this week! 

Have a sensational Saturday, EatGorgeous, BeYOUtiful and remember, we’re having 2014 the “Year of the Healthy & Happy Household”  

Take Care of YOU!  You're worth it!

No comments: