Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 January 2014

Pork pies and Sausage Rolls on Filling & Healthy!



30th January 2014

Choose to make the rest of your life, the best of your life. 
 
If there’s one thing that can wind me up and make me take life too damn seriously it’s having computer problems!  That’s what happened yesterday, I booted up and my itunes told me it had an update so I told it to download, to cut a long story short it didn’t then I had to delete it and now it won’t re-install, and my pc is telling me MSVCR80.dll is missing – WATEVA!  So yesterday was full of ranting at computer screen, and the since then I’ve been backing up my pc, 11,000 tunes and goodness knows how many photos so that I can try and sort my computer out – great joy!

All this meant I was on a backfoot all day with work which meant I didn’t get chance to cook my lasagne even though the bacon has been defrosted, I ended up throwing a chicken in which I’d bought reduced in Asda, that wasn’t cooked in time for lunch so we had chip butty’s and had chicken for tea.  Oh yeah and my online shop has been cancelled because when I nipped in Asda for a couple of things I ended up doing my entire weeks shop there because it appeared to me to be cheaper than online – me fickle?  I won’t have it said :)

The day ended well though as my last meeting yesterday was great,  I love it when my members open up and have a real good discussion about the reality of a weight loss, it was good to be a part of that.  Love my job I do! 

Speaking of members, here are a couple of recipes that two posted on Facebook yesterday, I haven’t tried them but they both looked interesting; 



Pork Pie-ish
300g lean minced pork
2tbs of dried parsley
1/2 tbs sage
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt 2 crushed cloves of garlic Mix all together in a bowl with hand
For the pastry Warburton thins brown

You need a small metal dish they use for dips. Wet half the thin and cut out to line the dish Add the meat mix.  Put a top on with the thin a half thin does one pie. Put some water in a cooking tin so water is about half way up the pie.  Cook at 170 elec for 10 mins then take out the oven and put a knife round the side and lift out the tin the return to the oven out the tin upside down on a tray for 6 to 10 mins to brown then put to cool and enjoy.

Fakeaway sausage roll

extra lean pork mince and diced onion spread over a wrap lol roll it up then wrap in foil cook for 25-30 mins on 20.
 
Both sound good, if I was making the sausage roll I’d be adding some herbs as sausage rolls have some kind of flavouring / herb in them, maybe a bit of sage or thyme.











This morning I’ve noticed this photo too with the following recipe, looks delicious if you like a bit of something sweet;

1 large banana mashed, mix with 250g of Greek yoghurt add sweetener if you want I didn't, put some oats in the bottom of a dish that you can freeze add the mix and add blueberries and put sliced strawberries on top, put a tsp of vanilla extra in the other 250g of yoghurt and some sweetener if you want and put that on the top and top with more sliced strawberries then put in freezer. When you want it fetch out slice and leave for 10 mins then eat. I'm trying it with gelatine next so the same but not frozen.


If that’s all too much like hard work and you fancy a sweet fix, I can definitely recommend the new Weight Watcher Chocolate Cookie bars that landed in meetings yesterday, they are tasty, I thought the reminded me of chocolate brownies a bit, very nice. 

Anyways, I better get on, need to finish backing up pc today so that I can try and sort the mess that is my computer out this weekend!

Have a great day, Eat  Gorgeous & remember to love the skin you’re in, losing weight will make you healthier, you’re already BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: