Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 January 2014

I enjoyed being 43, and I now likes being 44 ;)

20th January 2014
God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. Voltaire

It was my birthday yesterday and I had a lovely day, I had planned a very quiet day of chilling, and that’s more or less what I did, I’m too tired in January for partying, and I’m also 44 now, so the partying has to be planned and worked up to ;)!  We did have visitors though, my eldest brother and my niece popped in, it was lovely to see them both, mom also enjoyed the company and I cooked us all burger and chips.  They also came with gifts, he bought me a popcorn maker, and I’m now going to be addicted to salty popcorn, there’s a recipe in the Simple Start booklet page 36 to tell you how to make a simple start snack on the hob, with the popcorn maker you don’t need to use the oil.  Although I melted 10g of Weight Watcher spread in the microwave and poured on the cooked corn then sprinkled salt on them, so the salt stuck to the spread.  Obviously shouldn’t go overboard with eating it because we don’t need excesses of salt in our diet, but it is going be a great snack for me though when I just want something.



In amongst the visitors and cooking burger (recipe in new F&H cookbook) and chips, I also managed to get a chicken and rice casserole in the oven which I shall enjoy today, the recipe is on my website; 

 
and is one of my favourite dishes, it never looks amazing but always tastes divine, just the right combination of comfort foods.

I also had a great book for my birthday that I’m going to enjoy reading ‘Him & Me’ by Jack & Michael Whitehall, love watching them on tele, they’re relationship reminds me of mom and mine, full of love and banter, I’ve read the first chapter and know I’m going to enjoy the rest. 
Dietwise, I won’t be expecting a weight loss this week as I did indulge in wine again yesterday, well it was my birthday is my excuse, I won’t drink now till the weekend though and will stick with F&H and be happy whatever the results, as long as I’m on track and feeling healthy that’s all that matters, the weight will come off a little at a time and that’s okay with me.  Healthy & Happy all the way.

When I was sitting on my own yesterday morning waiting for everyone to wake up I made a little video of my BeYOUtiful Weight Watcher members using the photos on my phone, I’m really pleased with it, to view click on this link, or copy and paste it into the web address.
 
I used an app called Splice, very clever and useful, will be using again in the future. 
Right short one today, thinks to do, breakfast to eat, second cup of tea needed, have a great day, remember to Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful, because you’re worth it.

No comments: